An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

What's happening in the world of dockless transportation
The material below was copied directly from Bird's newsletter.

September 7th, 2018

The Charger newsletter will fly fresh to your inbox every other week and aims to provide you with important Bird updates, pro-tips, Charger spotlights, and more. We look forward to sharing them with you.

Bird Updates

Let's Talk About Fraud
We’re all aware that there are some Chargers who don’t like to play by the rules. While these types of Chargers are the minority, it only takes a few to harm the health of our Charger and Rider Communities.

As the Charger community grows and evolves, the solutions to these challenges need to evolve with it. We’re constantly learning from you and evolving with you, so we wanted to update you with our current efforts to fight fraud:
  • We actively review Chargers who show behavior that is against our Terms of Service. After being flagged and reviewed, they receive warnings and, if the behavior continues, terminations. Though we have systems in place to flag these behaviors and take action, it still takes time to review appropriately.
  • When you report a Bird in the app for suspicious or fraudulent behavior, it eventually flags Chargers for our review. Reporting a Bird is by far the most helpful thing you can do to fight fraud in your community, and we actively monitor these reports and use the data for warnings and terminations. So, if you see it, report it and we’ll take any actions necessary.
  • Abnormal amounts of moving or re-capturing Birds will get a Charger flagged and blocked by our fraud detection systems. But, most of the normal, day-to-day Charger activities won’t get flagged, so there's no need to worry for anyone playing by the rules.
Thank you to all that have reported suspicious activity in your cities, worked with us on improving the process, and helped strengthen our Charger community. We’re all in this together.

Approval For All Canceled Tasks
We’ve noticed that the majority of canceled tasks are associated with fraudulent behavior. To counteract this, all canceled tasks will need to be approved by our Charger Support Team before Birds are released. This will allow us to better understand what types of situations are causing Chargers to cancel tasks so we can create a smoother and easier-to-use app experience.

Tasks Auto-Canceled After 48 Hours
A main part of being a Charger is releasing Birds so our Riders can use them every day. In most cases, each Bird should be released less than 24 hours after being captured. If a Bird is held for longer, it reduces the amount of Birds available to the community that depends on them.

Moving forward, if a Bird is held for over 48 hours, the task will be automatically canceled and won’t receive a payout.

We know that situations come up occasionally, and we want to be supportive if that happens. Please message Help if you feel you won’t be able to release on time.

Charger Spotlight
Ezequiel M. — Greensboro, NC

Bird: Why do you like charging?
Ezequiel: I love getting out of the house and having fun and making money while doing it. I meet some nice people out on the street while searching for them. I had a young man run across the street to grab a Bird for me while I got another one because he liked them so much.

Bird: Has charging changed your life and how?
Ezequiel: I'm much more active than I used to be. The extra income has helped me to pay my bills. My husband and I are in the process of adopting kids and this is helping us reach that goal. We have a small sedan (2003 honda civic) and I fit 15 in the car with me and we have 12 chargers. A lot of the time I stay up all night to make sure they charge all the way. It's difficult but it's so rewarding.

Bird: Tell us a story about being a Charger.
Ezequiel: I think the best thing about it is watching them grow in Greensboro. I've been with Bird since they first came here and I get so excited seeing people riding around on Birds.

Get Social
Every Charger has their own unique charging set up, and we asked to see all of yours. From super organized to creatively filling small living spaces, you guys did not disappoint. Here are our current favorites:

Mauro D. in Los Angeles with his organized charging station.

Rebecca S and her dog Biscuit in San Jose, CA. Rebecca takes Biscuit when she goes out to hunt at night.

Dustin O. and his son Jack are ready to hunt for more Birds.
Last edited by Edmund on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Those pesky hoarders will capture the Bird to transport it. This prevents the motion alarm from going off and preventing it from being captured. Once the Bird is in a safe place they cancel the task and wait for the bounty to hit $20 before capturing again.

Stupid hoarders
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?