An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By iddik75014
I hope you can help me of that question.

The best would be to check what do we have on the engine side, is it a 36v or 48v ?

The final goal would be to find a BMS wich work with that new battery version 2 to charge it to 100%.

Don't know if my charger can make it ...
By dijkie
the newer battery seems to be the 48Volts version.

"old"battery is 10 times ( 4cells paralel) in series.
with nominal voltage of 3,6V for a cell ( fully charged at 4,2V ) , you get the 36V.

"new" battery must contain 13 strings of ( a couple of paralel cells ) in series
with nominal voltage of 3,6V for a cell ( fully charges at 4,2V ), you then have a 48V version battery.

your charger should charge it with about 58V, so the 42V charger can't charge it fully, you need a different charger.

it can be the original Lime takes this battery and the power ( Voltage ) to the motor is controlled via the motor controller
then you don't need a different motor etc, but i don't know.
Pro for Lime is the customers get more mileage from a charge, it lasts longer, so less recharge actions for Lime.

to unlock, search for a 13S - 48V BMS, same Ali shop should have it

it is a risk trying this on a motor controller set for 48V and connect "our current" motor, maybe when you give full throttle, it fries the motor, or it might also go very fast
By iddik75014
Hi dijkie
Thanks fot the reply and explanation.

But right now, what do we have as engine on that Gen4 Lime scooter ?
Is it a 37v or 48v engine ?

Because an undervoltage 48v engine can also work with a 36v or 48v battery ...
By dijkie
on the motor itself is no information, besides a serialnumber.

botomside of scooter tells me the motor is 250W and 37V

we just don't have enough info if the original controller reduces the 48V of the new pack to the motor( i think it does )

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]