An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
I had a similar problem with a different project and remembered that there is a NRST pin (7) on the SM32 which you "just" have to put to ground, plug the power in and try to connect while you remove ground from NRST pin ;-)
Every controller i had till now (almost 15 :lol: ) needed this procedure.

Sounds freakin awesome :D
Can you upload an image where to find the Pin 7? On which side of the Chip? :)

Nr. 7 is still covered on your pic ;-)

And I am only picking up the completely dead scooters lying around my place....
Hi again!

Strange things happened with my controller, perhaps somebody can help me.
When I first flashed my controller everything worked flawlessly. No connection errors, motor starts, 28km/h, display works, etc. I done all the painting and minor tweaks like back and front light switches, on/off switch on battery cable, and special button to start scooter without need to plug charger in.
I was using the scooter for about 2 weeks. During that time I noticed that controller (or maybe green/black box?) was not 100% "reliable". For example:
- when I turned the scooter off sometimes the display showed blinking "00" and then scooter turned off after some time but most of the times display just stopped showing battery level and showed red "x" and stayed like that for couple of hours until scooter completely shut down
-sometimes when I switched the off button and then switch it back on i could immediately ride, but sometimes I had to push special button to simulate charger plugging
-once or twice motor just stopped working while riding and I had to switch the scooter off and on just to stop again after about a minute.
Anyway, it did not behave "logically" and that was a bit unnerving.
Then the main thing happened:
I wanted to be more visible and installed small led lights under the floor by making paralel connection to brake light wire so that both leds and back light can be turned on and off simultaneously. I went on a ride, but with lights turned off. After about a mile I lost the motor again. I restarted the scooter back and I noticed it has problem with speeding up, like it couldn't find power on lowest speed. It was fine after speeding past 10km/h, but only for approx. 1 minute and motor turned off again. When I walked and led the scooter there where strange ticking sounds coming from it. Then I turned it off and left it for couple of hours. When I turned it back on everything was fine. Then I left it turned on for the night and the next day it was showing red "x". Starting from that point I cannot make it work.
I checked all the wire connections, I flashed the controller again, I resetted It using "pin 7 trick". NOTHING. RED "X". I had second motor form another Lime and connected it to see if it is a motor, and not controller problem - same effect.
So my beginning was unproblematic and now I came back to the state that many people describe here as a starting state, when they flash everything succesfully but nothing happens and they still cannot ride. FRUSTRATING AS HELL.

Anyone has some thoughts/advices?
servacy wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:20 pm
Hi again!

When I first flashed my controller everything worked flawlessly. No connection errors, motor starts, 28km/h, display works, etc. I done all the painting and minor tweaks like back and front light switches, on/off switch on battery cable, and special button to start scooter without need to plug charger in.
I was using the scooter for about 2 weeks. During that time I noticed that controller (or maybe green/black box?) was not 100% "reliable". For example:
- when I turned the scooter off sometimes the display showed blinking "00" and then scooter turned off after some time but most of the times display just stopped showing battery level and showed red "x" and stayed like that for couple of hours until scooter completely shut down
-sometimes when I switched the off button and then switch it back on i could immediately ride, but sometimes I had to push special button to simulate charger plugging
-once or twice motor just stopped working while riding and I had to switch the scooter off and on just to stop again after about a minute.
I wanted to be more visible and installed small led lights under the floor by making paralel connection to brake light wire so that both leds and back light can be turned on and off simultaneously. I went on a ride, but with lights turned off. After about a mile I lost the motor again. I restarted the scooter back and I noticed it has problem with speeding up, like it couldn't find power on lowest speed. It was fine after speeding past 10km/h, but only for approx. 1 minute and motor turned off again. When I walked and led the scooter there where strange ticking sounds coming from it. Then I turned it off and left it for couple of hours. When I turned it back on everything was fine. Then I left it turned on for the night and the next day it was showing red "x". Starting from that point I cannot make it work.
I checked all the wire connections, I flashed the controller again, I resetted It using "pin 7 trick". NOTHING. RED "X". I had second motor form another Lime and connected it to see if it is a motor, and not controller problem - same effect.
So my beginning was unproblematic and now I came back to the state that many people describe here as a starting state, when they flash everything succesfully but nothing happens and they still cannot ride. FRUSTRATING AS HELL.

My guess is that you simply fried your controller with too much power drain through the LED outputs.
The electronics are designed exactly for their needs and there is nothing you can do about.
servacy wrote:
Hi again!

Hello! I had the same problem as you. Whatever I did, the red "X" is blinking on the display and the display does not show the battery charge.
The problem with the turning off engine occurs when the controller has no connection with the green box, then the engine turns off after 1 min. I noticed it at home. In my project, I replaced the small battery from the green box with a wired connection to the + 5v line going from the controller to the brake sensor. Now, when I turn on the power and start the scooter, the display turns on, and when I turn off the power, the display goes out. To track the charge level of the battery, I measure its voltage. 42v is 100%, 38.4v is 70%, 36v is 50% etc.
So far, it has been operating for a week. I was inspired by your photos and just like you, I placed the black box behind the controller and attached the front light just like you.
Sorry for my english, i used the translator.
mayaku wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:37 pm
My guess is that you simply fried your controller with too much power drain through the LED outputs.
The electronics are designed exactly for their needs and there is nothing you can do about.
I thought that could be the problem, but is it possible, considering the fact that this was not 12V led stripe or something, but small led chain originally powered by 2 AA batteries (it makes 3V right?). Other thing is that I had the spare controller from other Lime and after successful flashing it also gives red "x".
servacy wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:26 pm
mayaku wrote:
I thought that could be the problem, but is it possible, considering the fact that this was not 12V led stripe or something, but small led chain originally powered by 2 AA batteries (it makes 3V right?). Other thing is that I had the spare controller from other Lime and after successful flashing it also gives red "x".

Does the red LED on the controller starts flashing when you switch on the scooter?
If it doesn't means you damaged a voltage regulator on the controller. Flashing new firmware is not a problem because it is powered from the ST-Link ;)
To check if a MOSFET is damaged you just have to plug the motor into the controller and turn it. If you feel resistance while turning the motor one or more MOSFETs are broken.
Hi

I am wondering if I did something wrong...
I tested all before putting all the things to tube and so. It works flawlessly. After putting it in tube and connected all that Things (black box without battery, controller, main switch and start switch) it works just 1 minute and than stop working. Display is also not working anymore, but before yes. Before was it all ok.
Is it possible, that something went wrong with black box by manipulating?
Thanks for help
mayaku wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:23 pm
servacy wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:26 pm
mayaku wrote:

Does the red LED on the controller starts flashing when you switch on the scooter?
If it doesn't means you damaged a voltage regulator on the controller. Flashing new firmware is not a problem because it is powered from the ST-Link ;)
To check if a MOSFET is damaged you just have to plug the motor into the controller and turn it. If you feel resistance while turning the motor one or more MOSFETs are broken.

Thank you for your help, but, well, it occurred that after leaving the scooter turned off for couple of days everything went back to normal. I have no idea what was wrong. It is great it works now, but this erratic behaviour makes my scooter unreliable. At least it looks good;)

Dakarek wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:56 pm
servacy wrote:
Hi again!

Hello! I had the same problem as you. Whatever I did, the red "X" is blinking on the display and the display does not show the battery charge.
The problem with the turning off engine occurs when the controller has no connection with the green box, then the engine turns off after 1 min. I noticed it at home. In my project, I replaced the small battery from the green box with a wired connection to the + 5v line going from the controller to the brake sensor. Now, when I turn on the power and start the scooter, the display turns on, and when I turn off the power, the display goes out. To track the charge level of the battery, I measure its voltage. 42v is 100%, 38.4v is 70%, 36v is 50% etc.
So far, it has been operating for a week. I was inspired by your photos and just like you, I placed the black box behind the controller and attached the front light just like you.
Sorry for my english, i used the translator.

I am not sure that we have the same problem. My display was showing battery charge and red "x" simultaneously and I couldn't start the motor. But it is fine now, everything went back to normal after keeping the scooter turned off for couple of days.
Anyway, it is great to hear that you were inspired by my idea to hide black box in the diagonal pipe where the controller is!

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]