An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
M20001 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:39 am
Hello,

I noticed the problem, it seems some scooters cannot be unlocked with my software. I cannot reproduce the problem, to solve it, i am not in amerika, so i do not have acces to those "strange not unlockable scooters" Sorry
Good effort! Thanks for your work :) We just need to get the firmware/software combo, not sure hacking is possible or worth it.
Hello,

Hacking is generally possible, but the question is how you say is it worth it.
I say yes. If we can hack the firmware of the Motor controller and the green box, we can virtually do what we want with the
scooter, we can add functions, and use a apple watch or another smartwatch as "ignition key" over bluetoth. The question is who will help us with that. From the Xiaomi MI365 are thousands of modified firmwares availiable, for the lime scooter are actually none. The thing i mostly like on the lime is this nice 2.8 color display, we can do ways more than only showing speed in it, we can display motor load motor temperature, some other things, usw. We can build in a light automatic in the scooter, the display has a photo diode, so it fits its brightness to the enviroinment, but we can program the scooter too, to switch the light on and off with the signal of the photo diode. We can the scooter program too to use a custom sim card to call someone when you have a breakdown on your way, so the scooter calls help by itself :D The possibilities are endless, if we have the software reversed.
Hi M20001,

Just wanted to share with you that I have successfully flashed a Lime gen3 now.
It's one from Paris actually, if you want I can share the Hex file. It has German writing all over so it's probably the same.

So I flashed the 25 km/h unlocked file successfully but it camw with some hickups.
First few flashes the program gave me errors, not completing the process. I'm using a €4,- aliexpress ST-LINK V2 flash tool and I saw the other topic of a user with problems with the clones. But after some tries it flashed it succesfully.

The screen is working but says unavailable. Brake light on and the band under screen is also red.
As I understand there is no way of turning the thing off. This is a bit wasteful cause the controller mosfets stay hot on the touch so it's draining the battery quite substantially so I'm gonna put a switch somewhere.

Thank you very much.
Hello,

The problem is, that you can only switch off the light by locking the scooter, sure, there can be other light off mechanism inside the software, but we do not know about it. So we cannot disable the light yet without locking the scooter, but this is actually impossible because we cannot communicate with the green box because we do not have the password. Theres the main problem. The Dsiplay should not show unavailiable, it should show the speed of the scooter, and if you dont touch the scooter for a few seconds it should a green ring with the question "done?" what should disappear when you shake the scooter a little bit.
M20001 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:59 pm
Hello,

The problem is, that you can only switch off the light by locking the scooter, sure, there can be other light off mechanism inside the software, but we do not know about it. So we cannot disable the light yet without locking the scooter, but this is actually impossible because we cannot communicate with the green box because we do not have the password. Theres the main problem. The Dsiplay should not show unavailiable, it should show the speed of the scooter, and if you dont touch the scooter for a few seconds it should a green ring with the question "done?" what should disappear when you shake the scooter a little bit.
well it's working fine but the display is not showing the things you describe:

I also added a on/off switch on the controller negative lead.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]