An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By M20001
Hello Here i have a cutout from a manual from the Green box of the lime gen 3, the description of the green diag connector says it has USB, someone tried to connect it to computer?
Heres the cut out
By id5020
Hi,
I've tried flashing the motor controller with the unlocked firmware but it didn't work.
Same error as many people have here: Red bar on top + 0 kmh with no function at all.
So now I've set my mind on tinkering with the stock hardware.

Connecting the COM box worked quite well.
A self-made adapter and an old USB-cable did the trick.

The box is identified as a "Remote NDIS based internet sharing device". It appears as a device connected via ethernet.
It also has an IP that responds to pings. An internet connection is not present, since I've removed the SIM card (no need to be tracked by a company on my own scooter).
Unfortunately, connections via the internet browser are denied by the COM box.
Connections from the file explorer are not denied, but no files are visible.

I think maybe the full USB functionality can be unlocked by specific UART commands. Then, it might be possible to access the firmware, sound files and other artifacts.

Hopefully this helps someone here, since I don't really have much knowledge about network devices.
By id5020
The red cable is VCC (5V). There is no VCC pin in the connector specification and it is not necessary. The Com box has its own power supply.
By Batou
Do you try manage this device by e.g. telnet command?
I think, SUB connection need driver layer and application layer, it can be wrote especially for Lime, for company use only.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]