An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Fly with the flock
By VascoPC
Hello, i bought a hive rental scooter from a police auction and now I want to unlock the scooter to make personal use. Is it easy to do it? I need a new dashboard and a board or just dashboard? Thanks
By Roan14
So you have to replace the handle bars on the bird scooter, remove the current handle bar along with the rectangular black box , you need a torx key (tamper resistant) in order to remove the 4 screws underneath the handlebars, After you pull out handlebar with the black box, make sure you carefully unplug the only cable you see attached on the handlebar from there you put aside the bird scooter that has the handle bars missing. You go ahead now and do the same thing with the Spin/Lyft/Jump Scooter, remove the 4 torx screws under the handlebars, and then reinsert it into the bird scooter after waiting 45 minutes to 1 hour to unlock it self, you will know it's unlocked when you move the front wheel and it doesn't activate it's anti theft feature , once you're able to push the bird scooter hassle free, then you can reinsert the cables from the handlebar to the scooter, the handlebar that belonged on the Spin / Lyft / Jump Scooters goes onto the Bird scooter and that should do make it work , only downside now is that you can't see the display, all you can do is press to turn on, and then press again to toggle the Light in front, and also press and hold to turn off
By akha
VascoPC wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:59 am
Hello, i bought a hive rental scooter from a police auction and now I want to unlock the scooter to make personal use. Is it easy to do it? I need a new dashboard and a board or just dashboard? Thanks
Check out these guys https://sctrhck.ml/discord , they converted these scooters with the original hardware
By Melker
Hive im Poland at 2020 (powered by FreeNow). GPS locator is underneath (in front of the rear wheel closed inside the frame/platform?), front black box is...what ? Voltage regulator or something else?
To convert 4 personal use i must change controller on handlebar and programming it ?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]