An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Fly with the flock
Risitas98 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:02 pm
*ss-HAMMER wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:16 am
Hi guys,

Bird sold me my personal rental from school. Is there a way that I can convert it to be able to fold again?
If it's an snsc model there's no other solution than buying a retail one deck assembly.
Think it's an snsc model although I think it uses a different pole.
Teslaguy wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:12 am
Depends, does it have the external battery pack? How much did Bird charge you for it?
Yup; has the battery pack. Bird charged me 30$ to keep it. I had it via personal rental for a few months and then probably due to using the electronic brake at high speeds it started making a loud noise so I reported it and they offered to sell it to me since they didn't support that model anymore. (I fixed the issue eventually and removed the bird brain)
So it sounds like you have the Bird ES4. You really can't convert that to folding without an entirely new deck. It was possible on some slightly earlier Bird ESx models, but the one used for the personal rental program isn't really possible to convert to folding. I'd suggest you buy the folding deck or just enjoy it as is.
*ss-HAMMER wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:13 pm
Teslaguy wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:12 am
Depends, does it have the external battery pack? How much did Bird charge you for it?
Yup; has the battery pack. Bird charged me 30$ to keep it. I had it via personal rental for a few months and then probably due to using the electronic brake at high speeds it started making a loud noise so I reported it and they offered to sell it to me since they didn't support that model anymore. (I fixed the issue eventually and removed the bird brain)
And my second personal rental in a month broke and Bird discontinued the program, so they just charged me $30 extra to my account and never responded when I asked them to pick it up. I don't mind the practically free scooter, but they could improve on their communication for sure!

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]