An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Share your stories and adventures, good or bad.
By Hherbson
Go get 'em tiger!

You can also desolder the external battery connector from the in tube motor controller circuit board, if you need that connector type to make a wired plug.

I like those long thin ES batteries, but I also like the batteries from the other models.

Anyone find a use for those big delicious Bird Zero batteries?
By grow23
My best idea... Using a m365 for full size bike was to basicly have the drive when rest on top of the rear bike wheel and friction power the bike. Maybe have a friction clutch of sorts to squeeze it on and off .
By lilscoot
grow23
i thought of doing this as well but i just don’t know how consistent the transfer of power would be. i could see it slipping if it got any kind of water between the 2 wheels.

i was thinking of mounting the hub scooter motor around the area behind the bike seat. or somewhere out of the way of the crank shaft and pedals. i think it would be possible to rig some kind of rubber belt to a gear then run a chain from the gear to the wheel.

i’m struggling putting thought to words but ill try
mount the hub motor to frame. mount a free spinning axle with a gear on one side of the axle. run a tight belt from the axle to the hub motor, then run a chain from the axle/gear to the back wheel.

this would allow you to still use the rear gears and i think produce more consistent power to wheel
By lilscoot
another idea is to just bolt a gear onto the side of the hub motor via the screws that bolt the plastic covering on see pictures.

then when you take out the screws replace them with longer screws. before you put the new screws in out 1 nut on each screw and but them through the holes of the gear. then put another nut on each screw so that the gear is in between the two nuts on each screw. then screw the gear onto the motor. this would allow you to tighten the gear super tight without risking over tightening the screws into the hub motor.
it also pushes the gear out away from the motor by a few mm.

if you did it this way you could just mount the hub motor where ever and run a chain directly from the motor to the back wheel .

let me know if any of this helped i’m just throwing out ideas hahaha but i think it’s possible and would be super cool.
By lilscoot
second motor and battery are on,
scooter handle bars added for stop and go nobs,
waiting on xt30 extenders so i can mount the controal boards more then 1 inch away from the battery.

4 led light stipes under the battery and ill be mounting 2 external battery packs on top of the regular battery.
hope to have it running tomorrow!!
By grow23
lilscoot wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:17 pm
another idea is to just bolt a gear onto the side of the hub motor via the screws that bolt the plastic covering on see pictures.

then when you take out the screws replace them with longer screws. before you put the new screws in out 1 nut on each screw and but them through the holes of the gear. then put another nut on each screw so that the gear is in between the two nuts on each screw. then screw the gear onto the motor. this would allow you to tighten the gear super tight without risking over tightening the screws into the hub motor.
it also pushes the gear out away from the motor by a few mm.

if you did it this way you could just mount the hub motor where ever and run a chain directly from the motor to the back wheel .

let me know if any of this helped i’m just throwing out ideas hahaha but i think it’s possible and would be super cool.
I think this is about the best idea ive seen and ita pretty much exactly what it like to do as long as I couls line up the holes from sprocket to wheel I think youre rigjt about the offset clearance for chain. The othwr hard part would be mounting it
By Hherbson
your a mad scientist!

I've been thinking it would be fun to get an old broken gocart, and convert it to electric 4wd. It would scoot at 3200 watts.
By lilscoot
i have thought of that as well and it would be super fun haha,

but going off that, I put 2 wheels one on the front and one on the back. now that they are all hooked up it accelerates crazy fast but once it hits 16 mph it just won’t go faster. It truly feels like it has plenty of power to go faster but it holding backs.

I even picked up an external battery hearing that it would increase the top speed to 18-19. once i got it on it still won’t go past 16. even when i run just the wheel powers by the 2nd battery like holding it off the ground it still says 16 and no faster.

i know the wheels will limit eventually because of the small size but if the company is advertising near 20mph top speeds then i’m sure the wheels aren’t already maxing out at 16

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]