An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Share your stories and adventures, good or bad.
By 0x5C001B01
Tried hand signaling a left turn on an intersection while going ~15mph, hit a bump and lost my balance. Decided to throw myself off the scooter before going further into the intersection with cars. My water bottle was in my right pocket.

Brakes seem a bit looser than before but the scooter seems fine overall. Going to test it on a parking lot tomorrow and make adjustments as necessary. I'm a bit sore.
By Edmund
Holy Cow! That's one tough water bottle. Glad you were able to walk away.

Every time I remove my hand when riding it feels like I'm going to crash. These scooters aren't the most balanced form of transportation.
Edmund wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:21 am
Holy Cow! That's one tough water bottle. Glad you were able to walk away.

Every time I remove my hand when riding it feels like I'm going to crash. These scooters aren't the most balanced form of transportation.
Indeed! For what it's worth, I drove the scooter around today with no perceptual issues. My right glut is a bit sore, you can see the bend on the water bottle from it... hehe. I'm looking into adding some turn signal lights to the scooter. Contemplating the best place to add them...
Edmund wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:01 am
Check this out @0x5C001B01

Xiaomi Mijia M365 Arduino Turn Signals

Oh, excellent, thank you. I especially liked his updated version.

He mentioned using a photon to be able to reflash it over wifi. I wonder if it's worth making a CANbus-like system to expose the UART interface between the controller and BMS, attach the signaling controller to that, and expose a port to the bus for easy diagnostics and reprogramming (sort of like an obd port).

Out of curiosity, is there a separate controller for the motor itself?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]