An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Help, tips, technique, and frequently asked questions.
By derbarrett
Anybody know where I can find a Bird scooter brain jumping tool? I am a charger (not mechanic) but I find it much easier to brain jump dead birds myself than have to deal support to get paid after dropping one off at a nest. I brain jump v1 birds all the time with a mini usb but there is a special jumping tool needed for v2 birds. Anyone know where I can get one?
By guisar
Good question. I’m a mechanic and keep meaning to ask support how to do this. I’ll reach out to them and report back.
By guisar
Bird support finally got back to me this morning. It only took 5 identical messages being sent before someone responded :roll: .

I’ll need to stop by the storage unit to pick up the new brain jumper from my fleet coordinator. I’ll try to head over in the next couple of days. Once I have it I’ll post pictures and try to figure out where you can source one.
By guisar
Looking like it’ll be Saturday before I make it to the storage unit. It’s a pain going over there and I wait for a load of infixable Birds before heading that way.
By Asik
No problem
I just got screwed by support over an offline bird. Charger was green but support said it was only at 94% which is what the app said. They want a picture showing 100 %. Like that is possible on an offline bird that isn't showing the correct %

I appreciate your help
By Asik
Did you have a chance to pick up the tool? I saw a picture of one and it doesn't look like there is much to them
By hightechhippie
You can do this with a small battery, Here is what i did:

I took a Brain that had been ripped off a scooter by vandals. inside the brain is a battery. I took the battery out of the brain and made sure to keep about 2 inchs of the red and black wires. to Jump the newer style brains :

1. remove the cover with a Torx driver, not sure exact size ( 6 screws) you likely have to punch threw the sticker to get to the holes- thats OK, after the jump put the cover back on and use "Gorilla tape" - preferred or a good electrical tape and make 2 narrow long strips, - use these to cover the holes and make the brain waterproof again. Cut the tape as needed ( about 3/8 inch wide) first so it only covers the holes you made and not the QR code or anything else on the sticker.

2. Pull the battery connector out of the harness connected to the PCB. Notice which side is black and which is Red
3. Take your battery and touch the red to red side and black to black side ( try not to cross the wires or hook up backwards, it will not kill anything but still not best idea. ( PLug the bird into a charging block b4 doing this)
4. when you do this correct , the red and Green lights will come on and you will hear the chirp. The Brain has been brought back to life.
5. reconnect the original battery harness. ( If it dies within a few minutes then the battery is bad or the brain has other issues. ( I am at about a 75% success rate, about 25% of the time the brain dies again.

Hope this helps make you some Mo Money instead of having to drop them off at the Depot.

Peace!!

HTH
By snackman
Just picked up one of these brain jump tool. All it is like most assumed is the connector from the other side of the wiring harness. There are 4 wires (red, blue, black, Yellow) . All you have to do is to connect/crimp the black and blue wires together. That's it.
By humanbeing21
snackman wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:55 am
Just picked up one of these brain jump tool. All it is like most assumed is the connector from the other side of the wiring harness. There are 4 wires (red, blue, black, Yellow) . All you have to do is to connect/crimp the black and blue wires together. That's it.
Wow, I'm surprised it's that simple. Thanks for sharing.
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]