An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Help, tips, technique, and frequently asked questions.
By sofa.king.fresh
Curious - what benefit does having Bluetooth turned on provide?
I've been capturing Birds fine for weeks with it off.
By Rocksta87
My phone is old and I keep blue tooth off to help the battery last longer. Never had an issue capturing Bords. Did you see something that recommends it being on?
By birdman
Rocksta, Bluetooth is mentioned several times throughout the Bird training.

Under "Checking Battery Levels" they recommend having it on for "the most accurate information". No big deal.

Under "Release Birds" it gets more serious:

---
Bluetooth Required for Capture and Release

"In order to capture, release, and receive full payment for charging Birds, you must enable your device's bluetooth."

"Having bluetooth disabled will prevent you from unlocking Birds and you will not receive accurate information when capturing and charging birds."
---
By Rocksta87
@birdman I had no idea Bluetooth is recommended when capturing Birds. Maybe I should have taken the time to pay attention to the training documentation when signing up. :lol:

How does the scooter use the Bluetooth from my phone?
By Nottinghaam
I think it is used to make sure you are actually near the scooter at the time of capture. GPS could also be used to check location but that is very easily spoofed.
By Rocksta87
I keep track of all the Bird ID's I come across and captured Birds from miles away to guarantee I get it. From my experience bluetooth is a suggestion and not a requirement.
By Spree1985
Here is my experience and why I have BT on. I was charging a huge load for me at least I only have a few chargers 20 birds through the night. The battery levels kept staying the same. I closed the app & re-opened it. Then I noticed my BT was off,(iphone6s) I toggled it back on. BAM! all my battery levels had increased and it was time to switch them out. Also the"Segway technology" bird models show a blue tooth signal icon and can be unlocked and controlled I'm not sure exactly the features but the BT icon would flash when I was close. It also asked me to update the Bird Via Bluetooth and please keep my phone no more then 2 feet away from the bird.
By Rocksta87
Oh wow, I tested this and it worked like a charm. I couldn't figure out why the app wasn't updating to show 100% when the charger indicator light showed 100%. This explains so much. Thanks for the explanation @Spree1985 !
By Ben J
Over the phone ’app gets updated after the scooter decides to report to Bird. Then the Bird Server has to send update to ’app users.
But, Bluetooth talks to the scooter in real time.
By Orange
Ben J wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:47 pm
Over the phone ’app gets updated after the scooter decides to report to Bird. Then the Bird Server has to send update to ’app users.
But, Bluetooth talks to the scooter in real time.
So the scooter uses the Bluetooth on my phone to update the app? That explains why I can find scooters easier when Bluetooth is on
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]