An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Help, tips, technique, and frequently asked questions.
I've created a spreadsheet comparing 8 scooter models I picked out, all available in the EU:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I've enabled public comments, so you can comment directly on the cells in the spreadsheet :-)

If your favorite model isn't on here, please reply with a link to an online store in the EU.

My price range is around 400-800 EUR.

Preferably something that goes 40 km/h - but I'm not trying to kill myself, so it doesn't need to go drastically faster than that. Probably nothing under 500W.

Definitely something with proper shocks, preferably front and rear disc brakes, front and rear lights.

Currently leaning towards the "Speed 2.0" because of the 700W motor, fast charge and low weight - though I'd like something with a little more range. Note that I'm flexible on the price, so I don't favor this one because it also happens to be the cheapest.

Also liking the "Following" model, although this is definitely on the heavy side - but extremely good range, turn and brake lights. Again, not favoring this because it's the cheaper of the 4 UK models. I have reservations about the fact that there are no reviews (on Amazon or anywhere on the internet, apparently) and somewhat suspicious of the very broad range specs - what does 40-60 km/h even mean? All of the UK models are suspiciously similar, which makes me wonder if it's all the same chinese factory and just different vendors/designs. (Not that this automatically means they're all bad.)

Any advice appreciated, thanks! :-)
mindplay wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:51 pm
(This is obviously in the wrong category, sorry! I only saw the big title "Advice", didn't realize this was a sub-category of "Scooter Chargers, Hunters & Mechanics" ... Can an admin please move this to the proper board? doesn't look like I can do it myself.)
The forum has been reorganized, you're in the right section. :D

If you have a lot of hills I'd go with the Wizzard 2.0S, dual motors are great for tackling inclines. If you're carrying it on trains, buses, etc this may also be a good option. The lower weight will make it easier to maneuver.

Otherwise I'd go with the Wizard 2.5S. The range, large tires, and price make it a winner.
Edmund wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:43 pm
If you have a lot of hills I'd go with the Wizzard 2.0S, dual motors are great for tackling inclines. If you're carrying it on trains, buses, etc this may also be a good option. The lower weight will make it easier to maneuver.

Otherwise I'd go with the Wizard 2.5S. The range, large tires, and price make it a winner.
I don't see dual motors in the description for the 2.0S, where'd you see that?

And can you speak to the quality of this brand first-hand, or are you going by the specs?

Thanks, Edmund :-)

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]