An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Help, tips, technique, and frequently asked questions.
By Dre Kay
Hi everyone!

Just created an account to ask for help so please let me know if I am breaking any rules.

I have dug out my 1800w brushless set up I originally bought for a mobility scooter but have now decided to use in a scooter I recently bought.
The kit is brand new never been used and batteries are brand new.

I have wired everything up and cannot get constant power!

The motor will spin for about a second maybe less with minimal power then cut off, if I blip the throttle it will do the same, spin for a little then stop.

I am getting just over 48v from my batteries and used 12 gauge wiring for them so don’t think it’s a battery issue.

Any suggestions as to why I would get this?

I have connected the throttle, motor cables, power cables, motor block connector, on/off switch, jumped the forward/reverse wire so it’s only forward and jumped the stalls wire so it’s on high power. I have left all the other wires redundant and charged my batteries separate from a 48v charger that came with my kit.

Is there anything stupid I may be doing? I am thinking maybe I have a dodgy speed controller or motor but wanted to know if there is a possibility I am doing something stupid before I order any new parts.

Thank you all!

Dre
By Back Slash Krash
Probably yer not giving the controller enough power. At 1800w i assume its expecting at least 60 volts. so when its only getting 54v. Or there abouts. It shuts off to protect tge batteries which it thinks are dead

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]