An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Help, tips, technique, and frequently asked questions.
What if scooters were just banned from downtown?

I believe scooters could have a place in Nashville, but that place is definitely not downtown. Drunk tourists riding them for the first time, in lots of vehicle traffic, oftentimes at night ..is always going to be a recipe for disaster.

Taking them away from downtown wouldn't alleviate the problems they will likely cause in outlying neighborhoods — but at least they'd be removed from a part of town with the highest concentration of people readily making bad decisions.
https://check-distance.com/route/cleveland-oh/columbus-oh

But, again, have no idea how this would be implemented. Maybe they could program them to stop working in certain areas, much like grocery store buggies' wheels lock if you take them too far away.
Last edited by Gabrial on Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of them have geofencing, it's just that they most likely would get the most rides in the areas with the most people, which would probably be the "downtown" of wherever you are.

Here in SoCal, they are speed limited in Santa Monica in some areas and prevented entirely in others. San Diego also had an issue where someone went full speed into a car or a pole or something and died, but at the end of the day people are going to do that wherever they are and whatever they are on whether it be a powered vehicle or a rental bicycle.
Gabrial wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:45 am
What if scooters were just banned from downtown?

I believe scooters could have a place in Nashville, but that place is definitely not downtown. Drunk tourists riding them for the first time, in lots of vehicle traffic, oftentimes at night ..is always going to be a recipe for disaster.

Taking them away from downtown wouldn't alleviate the problems they will likely cause in outlying neighborhoods — but at least they'd be removed from a part of town with the highest concentration of people readily making bad decisions.

But, again, have no idea how this would be implemented. Maybe they could program them to stop working in certain areas, much like grocery store buggies' wheels lock if you take them too far away.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]