An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing the way we think about travel
By Rory
Hi guys.

I’m looking at setting up a scooter rental company. Does anyone know of a docking station solution for electric scooters? Where we are located is perfectly suited to having 2 locations and we want the scooters to auto charge when they are returned by the the client. We will combine this with a remote locking technology.

I’m surprised as I’ve been looking online and can not find any companies selling docking systems suitable for rental.

Thanks in advance.
By Ben J
Good luck !
Docking does not fit peoples ”use it, then toss it” lifestlye. Unless there is monetary incentive, or you have monopoly of your product. People wont like a docking scooter, especially if a nondocked option exists.
As far as charging, would have to be a wireless charging system. No matter how idiot proof and durable a plugged system can be, People are too stupid to reliably or properly use it when finished riding.
By Rory
Hi guys. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Some more info: we are based in a tourist area where there is a 1.5km distance between the two highly populated areas. The beach and the town. Dockless sharing escooter business are not allowed with one already being closed down. Having them docked is a way around this law. We would have one station in the port and one station in the town.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks again
By SKIPzophrenic
It doesn't matter lol. I live in DC, NOBODY is supposed to park/leave any vehicles around the national Mall, you get fined and penalized. Yet, everyday there are butt loads of scooters all around the mall. You think people would use docks?! No. That's the whole point. But good luck! I know like one or two weirdos who don't understand business and who want docked scooters as a result. You can join that group lol.
By Rory
Thanks for spending the time to write that response. I live in Spain, specifically the Balearic Islands. I’m going to assume you do not know the current spanish escooter legislation relevant to the Balearics so I’m going to dismiss large parts of your message.

I already own a successful Vespa rental company which I founded 7 years ago, and a bicycle rental company. I’m gonna take a wild punt and back my local business acumen ahead of yours and therefore will dismiss another part of your message.

Actually , Let’s be honest your message is useful to no one. But no worries, we have found a solution.
By Dreamsoul
I saw a photo of a russian rental company that have their scooters on a docking station , probably you have to go a blacksmith and ask to do it the way you want.
By Rory
Thanks. There is nothing available off the shelf so we will fabricate our own. We have found the correct keyless lock and have designed an integrated charging solution.

Thanks for your help.
By Anonymous1
Rory wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:57 am
Thanks for spending the time to write that response. I live in Spain, specifically the Balearic Islands. I’m going to assume you do not know the current spanish escooter legislation relevant to the Balearics so I’m going to dismiss large parts of your message.

I already own a successful Vespa rental company which I founded 7 years ago, and a bicycle rental company. I’m gonna take a wild punt and back my local business acumen ahead of yours and therefore will dismiss another part of your message.

Actually , Let’s be honest your message is useful to no one. But no worries, we have found a solution.
Your solution is more respectful and prevents sidewalk cluttering. Hope it'll be doing well, let us know!

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]