An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing the way we think about travel
Maybe you heard about a month ago that Spin had laid off a quarter of their staff as part of its plan restructuring plan to exit nearly all open permit markets globally. It seems the idea of cities allowing multiple scooter-sharing companies to compete freely led to little profitability.

Well today, Feb 18, it seems that they are exiting San Francisco, which is their home town.

I was browsing the Spin app today to rent a scooter in San Francisco and I received Update from Spin along the lines that "We've decided to suspend operations starting today":

I wonder what other cities they are planning on closing in the near future? I wonder what active markets still remain strong for Spin?
Edmund wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:38 pm
I wonder what other cities they are planning on closing in the near future? I wonder what active markets still remain strong for Spin?
It seems like their market is best when they have partnerships with cities or schools, from what I've heard Spin is pretty good about asset recovery and a lot better at dealing with complaints from their cities than say Lyft

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]