An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing the way we think about travel
Koolkidcharles wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:02 am
Guys it isn’t that hard to convert.
You can convert the whole bike or you just wiring in an after-market controller?
If you can convert the bike, Im impressed. And if you have that knowledge, throw it down homie. We would all like to know.

And hey, Im in Central LA. You down in the LBC, yea? (i read it in a previous post of yours)
Used to date a broad down there. Was there often back in the day. Good times, love that city, man.
Freebird wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:57 pm
Jim Dough wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:05 pm
The internal components are more simple than I've seen in scooters. They seem to be cutting a lot of corners in their gen1 offering.
Less components, chips, etc is a sign of more advanced design and less corner cutting (crutches).
Maybe I wasn't clear, they did the opposite of what you are suggesting by using a mostly stock board and then having a commercial GPS tracker tossed in separate rather than having one board with both like everyone else.
David Banner wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:56 am
You can’t buy the consumer version anymore. Wheels has an exclusive partnership with iWalk now.

They all come with RFID cards and that’s how they unlock.

Easy to steal and take home. Not so easy to get going. I have some that I ride around for free, but I have the original matching RFID cards to them.
Super useful reply, I study RFID. I'll look around for them. Do they show up on your phone's NFC? Thank you.
If you're willing and have an android phone, I can show you how to scan to see which RFID chip they use. If they are mifare 1k's, they're easy to brute force and clone.
David Banner wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:56 am
You can’t buy the consumer version anymore. Wheels has an exclusive partnership with iWalk now.

They all come with RFID cards and that’s how they unlock.

Easy to steal and take home. Not so easy to get going. I have some that I ride around for free, but I have the original matching RFID cards to them.
Clone the cards or share with all of us lol

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]