An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing the way we think about travel
I thought I was gonna flash the motherboard .. but I do not know what's best, the less things I have to buy the better. I'll then order that st link and study that guide. Its gonna be interesting.

I have seen alot of immigrant kids stealing the voi and lime scooters they kind of destroyed the dash to hot wire somehow and then driving around until the battery is finished. What's the procedure and does it permanently damage the motherboard ?
Have you also seen or heard about this?

Best regards from the Northern countries
Before anything, big UPS to u@Sc00tr , I appreciate all your technical advice..... O.k., so. a generic controller, huh? Remember, I'm not too familiar with all these terms, yet, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Saw a video by @samzone on YouTube (samzoneworld, channel) and saw him, basically, do the same thing you recommended, only that I could not figure out where he got that LCD display to program the controller. I mean, where did he hook up that LCD screen to. I saw that a wire ran inside the rectangular housing above the handlebars but where, exactly, I couldn't tell. And did that LCD screen come included with the universal controller that he bought? Also, this "generic controller" will have to be hooked up in the same manner that @samzone did on his channel? If you havent seen this video, you should. I mean, it sounds like you dont need the experience, but just out of courtesy, and so that we're on the same page? One more thing? Why cant I just flash firmware on this scooter? And if this was a ES2 scooter, would all I have to do to get it going is flashing the firmware with what the ES2 Down g app offers? One more thing and I'm out of your hair, when I purchased the scooter from the auction, the front tire is almost locked up and when I tried to roll it out, an alarm sounds. What do i have to do to, basically, release that front tire to freewheel?
Thanks, @samzone hopefully you're right. The wiring that you did, do u recommend soldering the wires instead of just putting them together by fingers. I read a comment by someone that said you probably didnt do it because it would be too time consuming to show it on the video but guaranteed that it would be a better idea to solder everything you didnt.
And what about the front tire I spoke about? How do I get it to release? It's kind of stuck and when it rolls, an alarm sounds. I hooked up a charger to it and it freewheeled without an alarm at first. But it didnt go top speed. It only went 5.2 mph. But then the next day when I took the charger off, boom, it went back to locking up with the alarm. What should I do?
Otra cosa......where am I to hook up the LCD display upon programming the scooter. I saw that you had it wired up through the housing on top the handlebars. Where does that hook up to?
Would a Bird Zero or any ES2 scooter be easier to convert? They have a bunch of them in the police garage auctions here in L.A. up for bids.
Bee Barro wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:29 pm
Thanks, @samzone hopefully you're right. The wiring that you did, do u recommend soldering the wires instead of just putting them together by fingers. I read a comment by someone that said you probably didnt do it because it would be too time consuming to show it on the video but guaranteed that it would be a better idea to solder everything you didnt.
And what about the front tire I spoke about? How do I get it to release? It's kind of stuck and when it rolls, an alarm sounds. I hooked up a charger to it and it freewheeled without an alarm at first. But it didnt go top speed. It only went 5.2 mph. But then the next day when I took the charger off, boom, it went back to locking up with the alarm. What should I do?
Otra cosa......where am I to hook up the LCD display upon programming the scooter. I saw that you had it wired up through the housing on top the handlebars. Where does that hook up to?
Would a Bird Zero or any ES2 scooter be easier to convert? They have a bunch of them in the police garage auctions here in L.A. up for bids.
yes you need to solder all the connection always because you will have all kind of random problems and heat shrink tape to isolate the solders i did the video just to show how to wire hoping people use a little of common sense but yes the es4 is easy to convert and at the end will looks like a factory scooter and for the locking tire thats part of the anti theft system at soon you remove the original controller it will go away
Bee Barro wrote:
that controller dont need any programming plug and play the only thing you do to that controller is few setting to make it running well but i did a video on how to program all that is easy
Bee Barro wrote:

What LA police garage auctions have scooters for bid? Can you post any info on locations.
@samzone , thanks for all the info. I'll keep u posted when I start this project. I just need to buy that universal controller and I'm off to the races.
As for the ES2 or ES4 scooters, all I have to do is flash the firmware from the app to the scooter. How do I do that? Via bluetooth or wifi or what? And I dont need to buy anything for the scooter, correct? Cuz I was thinking of buying an ES2 or 4 at the impound and just make that my project. Atleast i wouldn't have to solder anything, right? I'd like your opinion on that @samzone if you dont mind and have the time. Ride on........
Bee Barro wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:25 pm
@samzone , thanks for all the info. I'll keep u posted when I start this project. I just need to buy that universal controller and I'm off to the races.
As for the ES2 or ES4 scooters, all I have to do is flash the firmware from the app to the scooter. How do I do that? Via bluetooth or wifi or what? And I dont need to buy anything for the scooter, correct? Cuz I was thinking of buying an ES2 or 4 at the impound and just make that my project. Atleast i wouldn't have to solder anything, right? I'd like your opinion on that @samzone if you dont mind and have the time. Ride on........
for the es4 you need to buy a new dashboard and a new controller plug n play after that connect to the segway app do a update and thats all
samzone wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:37 pm
Bee Barro wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:25 pm
for the es4 you need to buy a new dashboard and a new controller plug n play after that connect to the segway app do a update and thats all

My SNSC1.0 ,(ES2/ES4) does run with just short wire/hot wire the LCD dash. But I'm guessing it's an old model. I haven't assembled it and tried it on the street, but wheel is spinning and stopping using the controls 🤔🧐
Has anyone else heard about this or tried it ?

I found this to be helpful https://wiki.scooterhacking.org/index.p ... NSC_models .

Ride hard my scooter friends ;)
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?