An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
So you think it's just bricking the control board, cool. I have a new one on its way today from Amazon. I bought 5 Es4 units at auction last week and bricked 2 last night before seeing this update.

Is there a thread on flashing the control board? Or did I miss it earlier in this thread?
I'm pretty sure that it's just the control board. It detects a non-bird dashboard and starts sending garbage replies to it and makes it so it can't communicate with the Bird firmware'd controller. Once I flashed the control board, the clone dash works. I can even toggle sport modes on it. It still acts weird in that I have to hold the brake when I turn it on. If I don't , it keeps beeping and flashing tail lights. I haven't tried to fix the serial number yet and that might be the cause of the weirdness.

I had to solder wires to the SWIO, SWCLK, and GND. I used a hook probe to connect 3.3v on the ST-Link to one of the resistors labeled TVCC. Ignore the red circles:
I haven't had time to do the last two steps yet. Maybe that will fix everything.

1. Connect ST-Link to ESC
  2. In STUtility press control B and disable readout protection
  3. Open full bin file
  4. Press CTRL+P and click program
  5. Go to location 0x1FFFF7E8 Copy first 3 columns of bytes and replace at location 0x0801C1B4
  6. Change ESC to original ES2/4 serial number
I'll let you know, supposedly Amazon is delivering the new control board today. I'll let you know if that fixes it.

Freebird wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:39 am
I'm pretty sure that it's just the control board. It detects a non-bird dashboard and starts sending garbage replies to it and makes it so it can't communicate with the Bird firmware'd controller. Once I flashed the control board, the clone dash works. I can even toggle sport modes on it. It still acts weird in that I have to hold the brake when I turn it on. If I don't , it keeps beeping and flashing tail lights. I haven't tried to fix the serial number yet and that might be the cause of the weirdness.

I had to solder wires to the SWIO, SWCLK, and GND. I used a hook probe to connect 3.3v on the ST-Link to one of the resistors labeled TVCC. Ignore the red circles:
I haven't had time to do the last two steps yet. Maybe that will fix everything.

3. Open full bin file
  5. Go to location 0x1FFFF7E8 Copy first 3 columns of bytes and replace at location 0x0801C1B4
what bin file are you using?
Freebird wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:39 am

3. Open full bin file
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?