An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum, so please bear with me while I explain myself.

Earlier this month I got lucky and was able to snatch one of the Bird scooters being auctioned off in my county. I hadn't really looked into the process of turning it into a personal scooter, but I thought the parts alone might be enough to cover my cost.

When I first got the scooter it didn't seem to be alive, but after a full charge it comes on, beeps like hell, and locks the front wheel as expected. I then started looking online for a quick circuit board replacement but came up empty handed. I've gone ahead and fully disassembled it looking for any internal issues, which I can provide if it'll help the identification process.

Has anyone had any experience with this specific model?

Thank you for any and all help provided.

Figure 1. Top of circuit board

Figure 2. Bottom of circuit board

Figure 3. Model information

Figure 4. Wire harness
No much expertise with Segway. But right off the hop, That circuitboard is the GPS/Cellular communicator. aside from its battery, and possibly its SIMcard It has little usefulness. You will need to get replacement dashboard assembly for a non-rental version of scooter.
From there its vague to me. I hear lots of stories that the new dashboard serial number needs to be programmed to match with the mainboard. But thats just secondhand info and may vary with different Segways or revision numbers.
I never dealt with that part of Segways, So far, I just use their motors, mast and batteries and other parts on other scooter related projects.
These parts are essentially trash, I managed to convert 3 of these exact models with only a dashboard (which I got on amazon for around $42). No replacement control board needed. However there are a couple of limitations in the Bird firmware, nothing that prevent use of the scooter.
Let me know if you have questions.
hibrad2005 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:45 pm
These parts are essentially trash, I managed to convert 3 of these exact models with only a dashboard (which I got on amazon for around $42). No replacement control board needed. However there are a couple of limitations in the Bird firmware, nothing that prevent use of the scooter.
Let me know if you have questions.
I have a question, how do you know which dash and which model combination will get which result? Did that make sense?
There is only 1 dash, they fit all es1-4. your choice is original genuine ninebot or aftermarket. You will have less problems if you buy the original, in the ninebot packaging.
And from what I've experienced, the dash doesn't need to activated with the original serial number, but the controller does. But if you have a bird controller, it doesn't care what serial number your bms or motor has. You can swap parts. Now you can't swap controllers on consumer scooters. You will get an error of serial number mismatch.
I apologize for not replying sooner. I basically ended up doing what @hibrad2005 said. I bought a dashboard off of eBay from a US-based seller after I did a bit of research. This is the one I bought: 113426173324.

I've replaced the original circuitry already, and the scooter is working flawlessly using the iOS Segway-Ninebot application. I don't have any photos on me at the moment, but I'll post some after I finish painting it. I'm currently prepping it for paint.
There are also a few parts missing/broken which I need to buy.

Cheers and thanks for all the help!
rudisimo wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:26 pm
I apologize for not replying sooner. I basically ended up doing what @hibrad2005 said. I bought a dashboard off of eBay from a US-based seller after I did a bit of research. This is the one I bought: 113426173324.

I've replaced the original circuitry already, and the scooter is working flawlessly using the iOS Segway-Ninebot application. I don't have any photos on me at the moment, but I'll post some after I finish painting it. I'm currently prepping it for paint.

I have the same scooter I got from an auction, I too would like to know exactly what you did to replace jay square dashboard. So you bought the mentioned dashboard which is circular? How did it fit? Because the one that came with the scooter was square. Any pics please? I also need help on this. Would like to see how you mounted it and how it looks, thank you.
rudisimo wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Hi everyone.
Has anyone replace a dash board on a Lyft ninebot es4?

I can’t seem to find a board that will fit the five pin plug.
Is there a conversion?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]