An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By James007
dictionaryboii wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:19 am
Is it possible to make a Jump scooter dash work on an es4?

Bought an impounded jump and bird es4 and want to see if I can use the dashboard from Jump with the circuit board from the bird?

Everytime I plug the dash into the control board it turns on and then turns right off
It's NOT possible. Unless you find a way to flash the dash. And right now we can't connect to the jump dash by bluetooth. So just buy a new one. And it wouldn't hurt buying a new controller too. That way you get full functionality!
By MikeManson
SicilianBoy wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:45 am
MikeManson wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:25 am
update to the last firmware over ninebot app
It says it’s updated. Could it be incompatible? I read somewhere on another forum that you have to physically manipulate the pins on the external battery for it to work. Any updates on the solution?
what's the firmware version of the ext battery and the internal one?
By joeyfreshwater
James007 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:36 am
dictionaryboii wrote:

Bought an impounded jump and bird es4 and want to see if I can use the dashboard from Jump with the circuit board from the bird?

Everytime I plug the dash into the control board it turns on and then turns right off
It's NOT possible. Unless you find a way to flash the dash. And right now we can't connect to the jump dash by bluetooth. So just buy a new one. And it wouldn't hurt buying a new controller too. That way you get full functionality!

this isnt true. the jump board does work on a bird es4. the dash will light up then go dark when you start it up, so the speedometer wont work but it does work.
By James007
joeyfreshwater wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:41 am
James007 wrote:
dictionaryboii wrote:

this isnt true. the jump board does work on a bird es4. the dash will light up then go dark when you start it up, so the speedometer wont work but it does work.
Well, if you consider the dashboard turning off as working. Not being able to connect to bluetooth, nor make any settings changes. Nor change speed modes on the dash. You can turn on the motor, lights and brake.
By Pez
As far as working (Yes) it will work . Limited on the scooters functions via Bluetooth . But I will tell you this the f**king scooter will haul *ss ..flat out ..myself I could give a sh*t about all the gay Bluetooth crap to make your underdeck lights stay blue . Speed you know your not going more than 25mph on a good day . So I would say it works great . Or go buy crap on eBay that won’t work .. Jump and Skip Dashboards will Free the Bird
By Risitas98
James007 wrote:
dictionaryboii wrote:

You can and it's very easy
Last edited by Risitas98 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Risitas98
James007 wrote:
dictionaryboii wrote:

https://www.scooterhacking.org/forum/vi ... p?f=6&t=15
:roll: :roll: :roll:
By TrevorLaneRay
Okay so... random lurker here, from searching Google on Error 42 (four long beeps, two short; no dash display on mine).
Recently my external battery was getting a bit loose (my Torx bits aren't long enough to reach the screws fastening the battery to the scooter).
Anyway, when I was almost home from work (~7.6 mi trip), my scooter started giving me Error 42.
When I plugged it in to charge, it still kept beeping the same error code.
On a whim, I squeezed the external battery against the shaft for a flush, solid connection.
Lo and behold, it stopped beeping, and started working normally.
The gap between the battery and the shaft it's attached to is less than 1mm, yet it's enough to cause it to freak out.
Just posting this here to let people know this is a probable cause for their Error 42. :)
By Jerseyjoe
DUDE!! YOUR A LIFE SAVER.

I put some gorilla tape around it for now but would you know a more permanent fix instead of just squeezing on it?

Maybe new screws with some locktite?
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?