An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Chizmonc
Hey Guys, did a eBay controller/display swap and upon turning it on afterwards was greeted with error 42. This scoot scoot to my knowledge never had an ext battery. Any ideas on clearing it? I have an ext laying around somewhere I might try and plug up to see if it clears, anyone else got anything
By Butch456
you need to ake sure the pins are straight and meet connector are u using the pice to attach battey to column wont move around. if not thats probably your problem. use clamps if dont have
By Chrishie
Error 42: I am the same, I have the external battery and was using it fine for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden my scooter slowed down loads while going down hill? I then started getting the Morse code beeping and the error 42 message. It renders the speed of the scooter to either normal or minimal. While using it I tried moving it around gently and this seemed to work... for about 5 mins! removing the battery made it clear it was the battery that was at fault as the scooter functions fine on its own, albeit being slower and less power. I couldn't screw the battery on any tighter when it was attached as I had already reached full tightness and whacked a load of electric tape anround to keep the battery in place. It helped for a little while but I am still getting the message. has anyone managed to come up with a decent and proper fix for the external battery Error 42 please. I don't need to know about swapping control boards or a jump to a bird whatever the hell that means! thank you
By Sc00tr
Try using contact cleaner on the terminals and then loctite when you put the screws back on.
Chrishie wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:40 am
Error 42: I am the same, I have the external battery and was using it fine for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden my scooter slowed down loads while going down hill? I then started getting the Morse code beeping and the error 42 message. It renders the speed of the scooter to either normal or minimal. While using it I tried moving it around gently and this seemed to work... for about 5 mins! removing the battery made it clear it was the battery that was at fault as the scooter functions fine on its own, albeit being slower and less power. I couldn't screw the battery on any tighter when it was attached as I had already reached full tightness and whacked a load of electric tape anround to keep the battery in place. It helped for a little while but I am still getting the message. has anyone managed to come up with a decent and proper fix for the external battery Error 42 please. I don't need to know about swapping control boards or a jump to a bird whatever the hell that means! thank you

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]