An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By db4570
Hi everyone. Scooter newbie here.

I found a Segway ES4 for sale, and the guy claims it is brand new, never used. He assembled it and charged the battery and maybe tested it.

Is there anything I need to watch out for as far as registration, warranty, activation, anything else. Any potential flaws I should look for in it?

Thanks for any help.

David
By yeswhat478
Depending on your country's laws you probably won't get a warranty because it's second hand. A warranty only applies to the purchaser from the dealer/supplier.

When you buy a new Ninebot ES2 it needs to be registered/activated to your account on the ninebot app, if he hasn't done that already the scooter will still work in limited mode but it'll beep constantly and only go around 11km/h.
By db4570
Thanks for the replies.

I'm a little nervous after reading mediocre Amazon reviews for it. If there's some issue, and I have no warranty coverage, that would be bad.

What is your experience with issues or problems with these?

I may download the app, and then see if I can activate the scooter to it when I go check it out tomorrow.

Any additional advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
By ForBetterAir
And what if previous owner already activated it, how does Dave take control over it, else by connect it to app? Is’nt it like iphone, when the physichal thing is connected to a phone number or a email adress? When i buy a used ninebot, i would be happy if my drivning data didnt be sent or known by previous owner.
Can anyone explain these things about how to buy a used ninebot?
By MrTokensk8
I believe the exception is if you purchase a ninebot ES# from someone like myself or my partner. We offer our own warranty on scooters we refurbish from auction as we stockpiled our own parts during our time as a subcontractor mechanic for Bird. Once they liquidated their mechanic program we were left with a plethora of parts that they did not want back (I asked, also saved their reply email for my protection). A small # of people have a problem with our "fake" Ninebot units, and that's ok. We maintain a level of quality control that I believe the manufacturer lacks. Everything from loose screws, to errors right out of the box. Ours are not only carefully assembled with parts carefully selected, we personally test each scooter on a 1-mile field test. Also, we offer the option of a custom paint job or a chrome finish(by hand). If you like, we offer what I call a 'canvas' finish that is pre-prepped so you can create your own paint scheme. As a bonus, upon request, we will flash custom firmware to increase your speed beyond the factory standards(other attributes also possible). Currently, 22mph is the maximum speed limit achieved(ES4 only) without any issues from a full charge to 70%, after that speed decreases as the charge % decreases.
Our 90-day warranty covers any defective parts so if you unfortunately run into a problem such as complete battery failure, we will replace it for free as long as it was no fault of the rider. We know our scooters and stand by the products we offer. I am proud to make e-scooters that are affordable, so that riders of all types can travel fossil fuel/traffic free. Dont be afraid to buy auctioned scooters, just make sure that the seller knows what thier selling. It is easier than you think to be able to seperate those selling stolen scooters off the street, from those who aquire theirs legally. A good tip is: if it still has the company logos/paint job, is non-foldable, and no information is available for the product....its probably stolen. Thank you for your time and happy hunting all. Ride safe. :)
By MrTokensk8
Good morning Gents-

I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area (South), and love to repair just about anything I can (within reason).
Wheelzscooters@gmail.com is a good way to get ahold of me, I also have FB messenger, Snapchat, and Instagram. PM me for messaging details other than email. I’m willing to repair long distance, however, you will need to cover any shipping costs (to and from). I take pride in my work, and value my integrity most of all. I have a plethora (love that word!) of references of all kinds, including customers that had issues whom were satisfactorily taken care of. Safe scootin’ all.

Mr. Tokensk8
Wheelzscooters@gmail.com

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]