An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Ladiesman
Hi guys,

So i was driving my ES2+extra battery around today. Worked perfectly fine. I came home and had about 18% battery left. I plugged in the charger and nothing happened. I changed outlet and the error 51 occurred.

two days back my dad used it and fell. I don't know if that makes any difference here since it worked perfectly fine for two days.

Anyways, i basically took apart everything. I had some melted wires near the front wheel. So i did some soldering and replaced and covered the damaged cables.

I took apart the control unit and nothing was loose or burned to my knowledge.
However i did notice that the control unit was flashing red and the internal battery LED was flashing Blue.
I used a multimeter so measure the voltage and it was at 21.2V out the 36v mentioned on the battery.

So i did put everything back together again and the same problem occurs. Beeping 2-3 times and the display shows a red service hand wrench and 51 which i guess is the error code 51.

I have exhausted my competence her and i haven't find anything like this. Hope you pros can help out!
By Sc00tr
What software versions are you on?
Ladiesman wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:24 pm
Hi guys,

So i was driving my ES2+extra battery around today. Worked perfectly fine. I came home and had about 18% battery left. I plugged in the charger and nothing happened. I changed outlet and the error 51 occurred.

two days back my dad used it and fell. I don't know if that makes any difference here since it worked perfectly fine for two days.

Anyways, i basically took apart everything. I had some melted wires near the front wheel. So i did some soldering and replaced and covered the damaged cables.

I took apart the control unit and nothing was loose or burned to my knowledge.
However i did notice that the control unit was flashing red and the internal battery LED was flashing Blue.
I used a multimeter so measure the voltage and it was at 21.2V out the 36v mentioned on the battery.

So i did put everything back together again and the same problem occurs. Beeping 2-3 times and the display shows a red service hand wrench and 51 which i guess is the error code 51.

I have exhausted my competence her and i haven't find anything like this. Hope you pros can help out!
By Sc00tr
Ladiesman wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:21 am
Im not sure. I use the old app though. 1.6.3 maybe? Cant access the scooter anymore. Its basically dead now.
I believe error 51 is a bluetooth firmware mismatch but that should still allow you to connect to it and update

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]