An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
Just randomly found a VOI battery on the side of the road. Presumably a drunk-rider broke the battery cover open by accident and left the battery to be collected by the VOI chargers.

Battery details:
- From a VOI 4.
- 36 VDC
- 27900mAh
- 1004Wh
- NEE1009-W

I would like to use the battery for a project. The project would involve a solar panel, charging the battery via a charge controller, then a load running off the battery. The load would only be around 15W and would run 24hrs a day.

The battery I have found perfectly suits my needs!

But... Do I need to reflash anything to make this work?
I was thinking I could just plug the solar charge controller into the charging port, and then the 15W load into the +- out pins.
I'm guessing though that the internal VOI BMS will have a problem with this.

Perhaps I just strip the battery to pieces, remove the VOI BMS entirely and just use the raw battery within for my needs.

Any thoughts very welcome :) Thanks!
rustyrusty wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:51 am
Just randomly found a VOI battery on the side of the road. Presumably a drunk-rider broke the battery cover open by accident and left the battery to be collected by the VOI chargers.

Battery details:
- From a VOI 4.
- 36 VDC
- 27900mAh
- 1004Wh
- NEE1009-W

I would like to use the battery for a project. The project would involve a solar panel, charging the battery via a charge controller, then a load running off the battery. The load would only be around 15W and would run 24hrs a day.

The battery I have found perfectly suits my needs!

But... Do I need to reflash anything to make this work?
I was thinking I could just plug the solar charge controller into the charging port, and then the 15W load into the +- out pins.
I'm guessing though that the internal VOI BMS will have a problem with this.

Perhaps I just strip the battery to pieces, remove the VOI BMS entirely and just use the raw battery within for my needs.

Any thoughts very welcome :) Thanks!

Did you find a solution for it?
I found the same battery. My idea was to use it as an external, portable power supply.
When I connect a load, the BMS cuts off (voltage goes from ~40V to 4V).
With a charger plugged in the cut-off does not happen.
So is there a way bypass the BMS 'voltage drop' somehow, without removing / changing the BMS / opening the case?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]