An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By rolandas1393
these battery's are a pain in a but to take apart took me forever first time maybe can help someone
Specs :
SAMSUNG INR 18650-32E cells 9p10s
pack can draw 50a continuous or 100a peak
27ah at 36v

side

discharge port

charge port

now lets begin
there's 12 Philips screws to take out first

then make small cuts in each corner with a small saw so you can insert a screw driver to prise it open in each corner its filled with silicon or something similar and open it from the back end will come apart eventually

then start picking off all the crap on it comes off easy just enjoying to get to all the holes under it

there's 16 philips screws in holes marked i used a drill bit to clear em out can be a pain sometimes

take them 4 screws out leave the rest

take small saw and make a slit on each side all the way true dont worry cells got thick plastic around it won't damage them
then snap the back down will snap easy
IF YOU CANT PULL APART YOU LEFT A SCREW OUT

pull the sh*t of and around the leads and disconnect power cables

pull out the old bms and you done

put in a new bms rewrap and get a charger

hope it helped someone out
YOU CAN BYPASS BMS BY SOLDERING NEGATINE FROM BATTERY TO OUTPUT BMS WILL BE INACTIVE
By rustyrusty
Great post thanks for this!

Once the BMS is removed, do you have a link to a replacement BMS that would be appropriate?

I would plan to install new BMS and charge with my iMAX B6 charger? To make sure all the cells are happy and balanced?

Then from there would install solar panel via charge controller

Thanks in advance!
By rolandas1393
depends on your budget i use cheap bms and direct discharge with inline fuse and yeah will have to wire it up all new original cable is 9 pin no good
gonna need a charger i dont think imax b6 will charge that just get a hoverboard charger same voltage and about 7 quid on ebay and dont worry about balancing will be spot on just check with multimeter if you want to
rolandas1393 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:27 pm
these battery's are a pain in a but to take apart took me forever first time maybe can help someone
Specs :
SAMSUNG INR 18650-32E cells 9p10s
pack can draw 50a continuous or 100a peak
27ah at 36v

side

discharge port

charge port

now lets begin
there's 12 Philips screws to take out first

then make small cuts in each corner with a small saw so you can insert a screw driver to prise it open in each corner its filled with silicon or something similar and open it from the back end will come apart eventually

then start picking off all the crap on it comes off easy just enjoying to get to all the holes under it

there's 16 philips screws in holes marked i used a drill bit to clear em out can be a pain sometimes

take them 4 screws out leave the rest

take small saw and make a slit on each side all the way true dont worry cells got thick plastic around it won't damage them
then snap the back down will snap easy
IF YOU CANT PULL APART YOU LEFT A SCREW OUT

pull the sh*t of and around the leads and disconnect power cables

pull out the old bms and you done

put in a new bms rewrap and get a charger

hope it helped someone out
YOU CAN BYPASS BMS BY SOLDERING NEGATINE FROM BATTERY TO OUTPUT BMS WILL BE INACTIVE
People please do not not follow the sawing part of this guide! I did that and cut a battery but luckily nothing bad happened. There is a much better way to disassemble the battery without even having to destroy the housing.

1. Remove all the screws you can find.

2. Use a medium sized flat head screwdriver at the seam but angle it a little bit and hit the end of the screwdriver with something like another screwdriver handle or a small hammer until it enters the seam. Now pry it open all around until the top is off.

3. Now here comes the hard part. Without using anything metallic You have to make as big of a gap as possible on the non BMS side next to the corner, then using something thin and long insert a shoelace between the battery and the bottom housing. Now put the battery on the floor then push your feet against the BMS side and pull the shoelace left right left right etc towards you until you have cut through all the gel(or whatever it's called) and the batteries can now be removed from the case non destructively.
By maxpower
Another method is using a large vice and clamping it then as long as all screws are out it will pull apart easy
And as i have mentioned in other posts these bms boards will function ok after the negative bms bypass they charge up
And can be used without the need to flash if you replace the bms with a standard g30 the capacity is different 15.600mah where the biggerone is 27.900mah it results in half charge when status says full it will continue the rest of charge in background unless it is unplugged then
It will not resume until level drops..
By Subzero
Hej Looking Good

Do you know if the battery from voy ager 5 the battery you showed could be used in a ( Ninebot max G2E ) with a little conversion off the cables does the BMS have too bes switched out as well or is it just the cables need to be changed too DC XT 60 connectors
By Zsolt
have bought 3 used batteries ninebot segway 10inr19/66-9 voi nee 1009-w battery 36v, 27 like this one you show a that I intended to use instead of the airboard battery for my homemade electric bike. The connection from the airboard battery TX60 0must be adapted to the connection and charged with the airboard charger. But need some help. would need a wiring diagram to change the contacts from the current ones on the El spark battery to the TX60 You describe things so clearly and I thought if anyone can help me then it's you with your knowledge Thanks in advance
By Zsolt
I have bought a used battery called " 10 INR 19/66-9 VOI NINEBOT
NEE 1009-w, at 36 V and 27 Ah, probably from a MaX Pro or snsc 232
electric kick I thought of turning it into my homemade electric bike that runs on
standard Airboard battery (36 v 5A) with yellow Xt 60 connector and me
thought it was too weak for longer rides. But the connections on electric kick
the batteries are so complicated that I can't change them to the XT 60
connections with standard + and - cables. I would need one
wiring diagram for that modification I need to connect a connector XT 60 to ( instead of ) to the charging port. Then I can charge it with a regular airboard charger. Then a XT 60 connector to the power source (battery), then I get power from the battery to the speed controller that controls the motor of the electric bike through a "throttle" handle that is like a throttle handle on a moped. The idea was to replace the airboard battery of 5 ah with a larger one from electric spark of 27 a. Since the electric spark battery has many cables, in addition to plus and minus, both on the charging port and the power cellar, I dare not connect the cables just like that blindly. THE cables probably have a function that controls the circuit board, etc., but I need power only + and - to the control and input to the charger the same + and - (and of course some form of protection for the circuit board against overcharging, etc.). Wondering if you can help me, or do you have a used charger for this charge port Thanks in advance

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]