An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Andain
Hi guys,
I had a run on my ES4 the other day and after a steep hill it "coughed" and the front wheel (motor) started rattling. It almost sounded like something got stuck against the wheel, but there isn't. The immediate thought was that the cables from the control board to the motor have melted together, but a quick check of the exposed cables only show som minor melting going on. I haven't opened up the shrink tubing around the cables coming out of the motor yet. Any ideas what could be wrong or where to start toubleshooting? [media]https://youtu.be/LyRF49nSYTI[/media]
I am having the same problem with a es4 I have swapped out motors and batteries the only thing and still having same problem so I figure has something to do with the control board I am just not sure what to do either :oops:
By James007
Andain wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:43 am
James007 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:25 am
Change the control board. They are defective by design.
I have ordered a new control board and hope that it will solve the issue. Have you had the same issue?
Yes. Be sure to get a real ninebot control board not a clone. There's reports all over the place of the clone ones only lasting about 3 weeks before they burn or die. Most sold on ebay and aliexpress are either cloned or old, factory defects and leftovers. You'll need to fix the 3 phase cables connectors that are known to burn.
By Andain
James007 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:10 am
Andain wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:43 am
James007 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:25 am
Change the control board. They are defective by design.
I have ordered a new control board and hope that it will solve the issue. Have you had the same issue?
Yes. Be sure to get a real ninebot control board not a clone. There's reports all over the place of the clone ones only lasting about 3 weeks before they burn or die. Most sold on ebay and aliexpress are either cloned or old, factory defects and leftovers. You'll need to fix the 3 phase cables connectors that are known to burn.
@James007 Thats great news. I ordered a clone to make sure that changing the control board acctually solves the issue (as the orignal were twice the price). But my plan is to order an original as backup if the clone solve the rattling issue. Do you know what the type of connector is called? As you mention the have melted together and I had to cut through them to separate the control board and the motor. Ilm also considering adding some isolation around the phase cable to prevent them from melting together.
By ThrowAway33
I have a few ES4’s that have all done the same thing. It’s always been a control board for me. I can’t seem to find an original, all I can find are clones. And I keep getting ripped off on eBay.
By Kiki626
Agreed on the control board I had this same issue and swapping it (even with a clone that said "n1nebot" instead of ninebot did the trick. I'm surprised that didn't work for you. Is your dash throwing an error code?
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]