An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
Griffin wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:29 am
I've got an ES2 auction find, replaced the dashboard and the controller, and getting Error 21 when pairing. Any suggestions? The only physical hiccup was that the new controller had a plastic housing around the 4 pin connection. TIA for the help!

Here are links to the two pieces I bought.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... 8801765003

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Segway-Nin ... fresh=true
Signal boost for Griffin here, having the exact same issue. Anyone have a wiring diagram of what the control board/charging circuit are supposed to look like?

There are 4 pins to the right of the main battery plug, and 2 pins right behind that. The original control board only had 2 pins for the battery charger to connect to. I can post a picture later if any needs me to clarify my set-up.
Hi guys.
Maybe some one can help me with some information as i have no clue about this things..
I bought some
Parts from a sunday market where people sell a lot of crap and other things...
I have no plug for led lights(missing)some cable from the led is broken.
If i turn it on it quickly goes off and then it beeps for a period of time..batteries are charged as it came with a charger too..
Can i make this thing work again or i throw it away?
I have attached some photos below for you guys with knowledge to see and give me some advice if possible...
Thanks again
Last edited by Ionelungurean on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello everyone,

I have read through this thread thoroughly and was unable to find the information I needed... If anyone can assist by answering the following questions, I would greatly appreciate it!

What I have:
I have acquired a Jump Ninebot scooter through auction, and replaced the dash with a clone that I purchased from Offerup for $30.

What I have tried:
After assembly, I plugged the scooter in to let it charge for a bit, and after turning it on, I was getting a bunch of beeps. The dash turned on, but every sign had become illuminated (speed, Bluetooth, little "S", etc.) and I was able to successfully connect through the Ninebot application, but I received an undefined error, and the scooter is stuck in "lock mode"... I cannot unlock it. All data is being registered (battery charge, etc.) but the scooter cannot be unlocked and the beeping continues until the scooter runs out of battery power.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue? I have removed the extended battery and then replaced the dash with another cloned circuit board and I still have the exact same issue.

Questions:
1. Does this mean I need to replace the control board?

2. Does this mean I need to flash the circuit board? Can cloned circuit boards be flashed? Or can I use the original that was in the scooter when I had purchased it and flash that one?

3. Do I also need to flash the Control Board, or do I just need to replace it altogether?

4. I also have a Lyft Ninebot that I had purchased, can I use the control board from that scooter? or should I just ditch the Jump scooter and put the cloned circuit board into the Lyft? (or will I eventually run into the same issue?)

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the help, and all the questions that have been answered on this thread already. It has really helped me eliminate some options that I was going to try and saved me some time!!
Ionelungurean wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:36 pm
Hi guys.
Maybe some one can help me with some information as i have no clue about this things..
I bought some
Parts from a sunday market where people sell a lot of crap and other things...
I have no plug for led lights(missing)some cable from the led is broken.
If i turn it on it quickly goes off and then it beeps for a period of time..batteries are charged as it came with a charger too..
Can i make this thing work again or i throw it away?
I have attached some photos below for you guys with knowledge to see and give me some advice if possible...
Thanks again
for the lights wires, u just cut off the wires from the light to reveals the colors of the wires to wire it.
the green plug isn't use because its for GPS. the rest seems find u just have to start converting it. this isn't the right forum for it/ u have to find it yourself but ur first free hint is this isn't it.
Skooby521 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:07 am
Hello everyone,

I have read through this thread thoroughly and was unable to find the information I needed... If anyone can assist by answering the following questions, I would greatly appreciate it!

What I have:
I have acquired a Jump Ninebot scooter through auction, and replaced the dash with a clone that I purchased from Offerup for $30.

What I have tried:
After assembly, I plugged the scooter in to let it charge for a bit, and after turning it on, I was getting a bunch of beeps. The dash turned on, but every sign had become illuminated (speed, Bluetooth, little "S", etc.) and I was able to successfully connect through the Ninebot application, but I received an undefined error, and the scooter is stuck in "lock mode"... I cannot unlock it. All data is being registered (battery charge, etc.) but the scooter cannot be unlocked and the beeping continues until the scooter runs out of battery power.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue? I have removed the extended battery and then replaced the dash with another cloned circuit board and I still have the exact same issue.

Questions:

2. Does this mean I need to flash the circuit board? Can cloned circuit boards be flashed? Or can I use the original that was in the scooter when I had purchased it and flash that one?

3. Do I also need to flash the Control Board, or do I just need to replace it altogether?

4. I also have a Lyft Ninebot that I had purchased, can I use the control board from that scooter? or should I just ditch the Jump scooter and put the cloned circuit board into the Lyft? (or will I eventually run into the same issue?)

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the help, and all the questions that have been answered on this thread already. It has really helped me eliminate some options that I was going to try and saved me some time!!
if its a ninebot es1-4 then their are couple ways, easiest way is to buy OEM parts and swap it out and thats about 100$. or clone for half price and have to flash it required soldering and st link. 3rd the hardest./ is to flash the ESC and the board and change the serial only using st link. i think its the fun step and only cost 4$ for the st link

if its a ninebot es1-4 then their are couple ways, easiest way is to buy OEM parts and swap it out and thats about 100$. or clone for half price and have to flash it required soldering and st link. 3rd the hardest./ is to flash the ESC and the board and change the serial only using st link. i think its the fun step and only cost 4$ for the st link
I'm familiar with flashing the dashboard, but how does one flash the controller on an es1-4?
I recently aquired a former rental ES2 from an auction. After flashing the dashboard, I got it to run, but the display doesn't show neither a speed reading nor the battery status and it remains in the "S" mode. Despite the display not indicating any speed, I can get a speed reading in the app which is mostly working but only unable to update anything. I'm fairly sure that the flashing process for the dash and - using ES_DownG for the controller worked. Is there any way to find out if the dashboard and the controller are able to work properly or if they are in some ways limmited to require the rental companies app?
tester4321 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:05 am
Skooby521 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:07 am
Hello everyone,

What I have:

What I have tried:

Questions:

Thanks for the response!

Got a couple more followup questions:
1. When you say "3rd the hardest./ is to flash the ESC and the board and change the serial only using st link ...":
Q: Isn't the "ESC" the Control Board? Did you mean to say "Flash the ESC and the DASH"?

2. When you say "change the serial only using the ST Link":
Q: Is this done on the Dash or the Control Board? or both?

Sorry for the amateur questions, I really appreciate all the help!!
mscr wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:23 pm
I recently aquired a former rental ES2 from an auction. After flashing the dashboard, I got it to run, but the display doesn't show neither a speed reading nor the battery status and it remains in the "S" mode. Despite the display not indicating any speed, I can get a speed reading in the app which is mostly working but only unable to update anything. I'm fairly sure that the flashing process for the dash and - using ES_DownG for the controller worked. Is there any way to find out if the dashboard and the controller are able to work properly or if they are in some ways limmited to require the rental companies app?
Is the dash OEM? That sounds exactly like the crappy knockoff dashboard I bought from eBay or somewhere.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]