An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By matthewfixit
I have a legally acquired Ninebot Max that I just bought. It appears to be an ex-Lyft rental scooter. Lyft is not in the city where I live, but I know they are in other parts of the country and I am sure people have picked these up at auctions and converted them for personal use. Does anyone know what parts I would need to get this running? It looks like they just took the top board thing off. Any advice?
By benhall847
matthewfixit wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:04 am
I have a legally acquired Ninebot Max that I just bought. It appears to be an ex-Lyft rental scooter. Lyft is not in the city where I live, but I know they are in other parts of the country and I am sure people have picked these up at auctions and converted them for personal use. Does anyone know what parts I would need to get this running? It looks like they just took the top board thing off. Any advice?
please read previous page...
By Nemaj
UnicycleSanta wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:00 am
Ordered dash replacement from AliExpress. In the meantime I gotta figure out how to correctly wire the controller to the dash connector to avoid frying the dash and to have proper functionality. Also gotta figure out how to flash the BMS... I haven't seen too much on that one.
Is the dashboard you ordered the Max G30 replacement?
By benhall847
UnicycleSanta wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:50 pm

The headlight functions just like on the retail model, and for the dash cover I ordered from AliExpress. For screws I just go to home depot or the likes and find what fits (I have yet to do that though as I am still messin with some debug stuff and need the dash exposed).

Dash: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000410 ... 4c4dwMJs2w
Dash Cover: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000512 ... 4c4dwMJs2w

A couple other things you will need to do this:
St Link
Soldering Iron
Windows PC (I have win 10)

Tomorrow is the last day of exams, so the tutorial will be up by the weekend!
SANTA!! Please! Don't leave me in the dark :cry:
By bum2kev
Nemaj wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:54 am
UnicycleSanta wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:00 am
Ordered dash replacement from AliExpress. In the meantime I gotta figure out how to correctly wire the controller to the dash connector to avoid frying the dash and to have proper functionality. Also gotta figure out how to flash the BMS... I haven't seen too much on that one.
Is the dashboard you ordered the Max G30 replacement?
go back one page an they link the exact things they bought.
By UnicycleSanta
Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. Things have become really chaotic with everything thats going on. Exams are being pushed around, uni is shutting down, lots of moving parts right now. Despite all that, I have finished the tutorial for you all. Let me know if anything needs editing, I have spent well over 8 hours working on this so I might have overlooked something.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=6568
By quantumquibbler
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar 8-)
UnicycleSanta wrote:Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. Things have become really chaotic with everything thats going on. Exams are being pushed around, uni is shutting down, lots of moving parts right now. Despite all that, I have finished the tutorial for you all. Let me know if anything needs editing, I have spent well over 8 hours working on this so I might have overlooked something.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=6568
By mattsb2000
I have a quick question.

I followed UnicycleSanta's thread for an ex Lyft G30. (It came from an auction) I'm using a Segway dash, and ESC. I flashed the dash and the BMS and rewired as the instructions said.

What I have going now is that it goes 10 MPH and beeps all the time. The dash says ECO in green. It seems to go around the parking lot here just fine, it is however very slow.

What do I need to do now? I am obviously missing something.

Edit to add, I flashed another firmware and it will spin up to 20 MPH rear wheel off the ground. It still only goes 10 MPH with a rider on it. I have no errors.

Thank you,

Matt
By UnicycleSanta
mattsb2000 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:46 pm
I have a quick question.

What I have going now is that it goes 10 MPH and beeps all the time. The dash says ECO in green. It seems to go around the parking lot here just fine, it is however very slow.

What do I need to do now? I am obviously missing something.

Edit to add, I flashed another firmware and it will spin up to 20 MPH rear wheel off the ground. It still only goes 10 MPH with a rider on it. I have no errors.

Thank you,

Matt
Im gonna answer this here and in my thread so people will see it. I check that thread more often so if anyone needs any help please ask there so I can help out.

Single clicking the dash button will turn on/off high beam on the headlight. Double pressing will change the mode the scooter is running in. Double press the button to change to D then S. Leave it in S :D

If you are lacking in the power department, you might need to lower the motor power constant to get some more torque, but eco mode in itself is gutless so try switching to S first.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]