An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By BrunoSFM
Hi,

I found a few weeks ago an scooter Ninebot SNSC1.0 (equivalent to the ES4) and a have been working on it since then.

Finally I can get it to work, but have some problems like the battery.

I have purshaced one controller 36v and 350w and made all the wire connections (removing totally the controller and dashboard that it come with), but when the scooter reaches maximum power (like maybe 30km/h) the battery simply shutdown (starting blinking all 4 blue dots) and come back a few seconds later, and after a few minutes of ride, just starts blinkings and keeps always blinking (without working, passing 0v from battery) until I get home and when I connect the charger it simple stop blinking and get the original dots (of original battery).

So, what I think?
Maybe the BMS are shuting down the battery for some reason? Yes, because it have full battery, and I already have tested with 4 different batteries, including internal batteries and external. Same problems with all.

I have done one think today, but I'm afraid of keep this way. I just removed the BMS from the internal battery and when I was testing, it's was working 100% without any stop or failure. But I can't trust on lion battery without Bms, and if it explodes while I'm riding? :o

Ps: My charger is working fine as I know.
Sorry if my English is bad, I'm Portuguese ✌️
Guys, I found the problem. The internal battery was not working, maybe have some power problem, so the controller try to get so much power that only the external battery can't handle so the BMS shutdowns the battery.
Also the controller do not have any limit of power so it pushs to the limit.
Do you guys know how to put a limit on the controller? Or I need to limit the throttle?
By claudio
boa tarde bruno

tens fotos do teu projecto para me auxiliares para fazer um para mim ?
compras te so o controlador ou a a placa bluetooth?

obrigado

cla2f@hotmail.com

BrunoSFM wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:42 am
Hi,

I found a few weeks ago an scooter Ninebot SNSC1.0 (equivalent to the ES4) and a have been working on it since then.

Finally I can get it to work, but have some problems like the battery.

I have purshaced one controller 36v and 350w and made all the wire connections (removing totally the controller and dashboard that it come with), but when the scooter reaches maximum power (like maybe 30km/h) the battery simply shutdown (starting blinking all 4 blue dots) and come back a few seconds later, and after a few minutes of ride, just starts blinkings and keeps always blinking (without working, passing 0v from battery) until I get home and when I connect the charger it simple stop blinking and get the original dots (of original battery).

So, what I think?
Maybe the BMS are shuting down the battery for some reason? Yes, because it have full battery, and I already have tested with 4 different batteries, including internal batteries and external. Same problems with all.

I have done one think today, but I'm afraid of keep this way. I just removed the BMS from the internal battery and when I was testing, it's was working 100% without any stop or failure. But I can't trust on lion battery without Bms, and if it explodes while I'm riding? :o

Ps: My charger is working fine as I know.
Sorry if my English is bad, I'm Portuguese ✌️
By boingo
You can use a charge only BMS so that the cells are balanced and charged correctly, and discharge directly to the ESC/controller, bypassing the discharge wires (black and red thick wires) that come out of the BMS.
On the LCD panel that probably came with the controller you bought, you can set the cut of voltage were the controller will stop providing power if it reaches the minimal voltage you set.
BrunoSFM wrote:Guys, I found the problem. The internal battery was not working, maybe have some power problem, so the controller try to get so much power that only the external battery can't handle so the BMS shutdowns the battery.
Also the controller do not have any limit of power so it pushs to the limit.
Do you guys know how to put a limit on the controller? Or I need to limit the throttle?
By 68pishta
As this was a rental version whos overstock was eventually sold as new to consumers (Walmart. Sams club, etc) due to rollout of SNSC 2.0 (Bird type with battery in base) did the bluetooth EVER work on these? Ie, was it even I have one that is locked in Sport mode and the BT NEVER comes up to pair with my app. This scooter is pretty slow compared to my old Fluid Freeride Horizon and its only as fast as my kids Ancheer base model. So I bought a NOS ES1 display and that wont even light up after its initial power on sequence, it just flashes every LED segment and then goes dark with no functions available. I put old one back in and that one comes right up in S mode and no BT icon.
By Sc00tr
68pishta wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:57 pm
As this was a rental version whos overstock was eventually sold as new to consumers (Walmart. Sams club, etc) due to rollout of SNSC 2.0 (Bird type with battery in base) did the bluetooth EVER work on these? Ie, was it even I have one that is locked in Sport mode and the BT NEVER comes up to pair with my app. This scooter is pretty slow compared to my old Fluid Freeride Horizon and its only as fast as my kids Ancheer base model. So I bought a NOS ES1 display and that wont even light up after its initial power on sequence, it just flashes every LED segment and then goes dark with no functions available. I put old one back in and that one comes right up in S mode and no BT icon.
That sounds like the behavior of the drv 1.3.4 that came with the birds from Walmart, I had Bluetooth enabled on mine though and was able to just flash 1.5.1 no problem which solved the other issues

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]