An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
So I take it this doesn't work on a Hopr SNSC.2.2 Ninebot Max? I'm only seeing parts of here and there how to flash them because I got some from the local police auction. I'm seeing stuff on needing to use an Arduino and all kinds of stuff so can someone make it easier to tell me everything I need and need to do. I have an ST-Link V2 and a CP2102 UART programmer too.
By Olle
UnicycleSanta wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:29 am
Your Ninebot Max is now fully converted for personal use, while maintaining (and surpassing) the features and performance of the retail unit. If there are any questions or issues, please post it in the thread. While this is all fleshed out and working, new developments are happening all the time. This thread will stay updated as things change.

Thank you for taking the time to read my tutorial. This took a lot of time and effort, and I am glad to share my findings with everyone. If anyone feels charitable, a cup of joe would be appreciated!

~Donations Welcome~
Thank you for an excelent tutorial. Worked out perfect!
Sent you a little gift, it's not a fortune but it's something.
Did you ever resolve? I am having the same issue. I uplugged the large cable from the bms and try to pull a reading each tab with no luck. When my connections are wired the light flashes red.
chanthy007 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:46 pm
Hi

I am running into the same issue regarding swim connection in STVP.
I have re-soldered, checked the connections multiple times, tried multiple ST Links, blue light is still flashing, ST Link worked for the ESC.

Has anyone run into this issue and fixed it before?

Domallen wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:11 am
Hi ... Flashing the BMS step #9... I'm getting an error see attached. I'm using a Lyft snsc20 battery. Can anyone help me?

What a beautifull and detailed tutorial! :o I have a question regarding MAX BMS. Is there any FW version that can emulate BMS communication like original battery?

I have MAXG30 and I want to swap the inner battery for bigger one. So it means there will be issue with BMS <-> ESC communication. Its possible to solve something like this? Or when you want to just replace original battery with other used original battery then there will be serial number issue in the communication.
Note, new Spin Ninebot Max scooters (since maybe late 2020) have a new BMS that will cut off the motor after a few seconds of riding.

It's discussed on another website: https://www.scooterhacking.org/forum/vi ... .php?t=443

I have a scooter like this. I previously didn't flash the BMS since it wasn't needed. But I'll try flashing the BMS now and update you.
Only issue I have is that when I accelerate it goes well, good acceleration, good speed, but then suddenly stops after few seconds. I can hear a little "pop" from the battery/BMS (around that area). It does not stop when I accelerate without being on it. It only stops when I am on it.
I tried Eco, D and S and the same problem appears.
The problem is still present after tweaking with a Flashing Custom Firmware and XiaoFlasher..

Any idea or anyone already faced or read this issue on the forum - i searched but could not find similar issue?

reply:
I know now exactly what you were talking about. Seems like this newest Max firmware 8.1.8 has an extra security measure built into the battery that affects the ESC and dash. The only way to defeat it was the old ST-Link method to bms and rolling it back. But if you have a Max with this battery firmware, it'll shut down the scooter once it detects a load on the motor. When I bench tested inside my shop, I had no issue running at 18mph. Put it back together and went for a test ride, and 10 secs later, beep and shutdown.
Has anyone else encountered this and maybe found a workaround or another solution??

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]