An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
UnicycleSanta wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:28 am
Part 3: Flashing the Electronic Speed Controller (ESC)

This section covers flashing the ESC to allow it to function like a retail unit. This is the most important step, as when you get a scooter from a rental company, the ESC is locked down to prevent usage. Flashing a dash and BMS wont get you anywhere without this.
4. Solder the ST-Link leads to the corresponding pads. These are actually through hole solder pads, so if you know what you are doing you can solder the leads straight through for more durability. I did this and potted it in hot glue to make it more durable as I left the leads connected for possible future use.
The ESC has now been flashed to fuction as a stock Ninebot Max. Do not plug anything in before verifying proper wiring of the scooter in the next part of this guide. Doing so may fry the dash or cause other problems as some of these scooters (All Lyfts, maybe other brands) come wired differently from the factory.
Hi,

I'm half way through this conversion but I'm having some problems with flashing the ESC. My board does not feature the three ST-Link pins in the centre but rather has many board connectors all around.
I imagine one of these connectors is the ST-Link but can anyone confirm or point me in the right direction before I start depotting the entire board.
Thanks
Hi i am new to the forum  i got my son a scooter from a scrap yard thay had 2 of them the one I got had the original battery and I got the dashboard and tracker black box of the other scooter will this still work and has you can see ther is no power button on the dashboard and it has 4 leds i have looked at some videos and one video tells you to remove the cheap on the back then another video tells you to remove the c2 chip  I believe is a voi ninebot max  plus snsc 2.3.2 have i got that correct  it has the black box on the stem of the bars  and the battery is ther only when i look at other scooters telling you how to convert them into a personal scooter some of parts look different to the one i got my son has like where the battery is on some of them i have seen a i think it is a esc correct me if i'm wrong i just want to know am i correct on the model of the scooter i have and does your procedure in converting to a personal scooter the same procedure as what you have greatly put together  and do I have  a cp2102 usb to  ttl and I have a st link I have looked over and over sites after site one site tells you to do it one way and then other sites tells you to do it a different way so don't really no wot to do I fink I have managed to flash the esc  with 126 fulldump then i have looked at videos and it says to copy 1 address to another address could really do with some help so I can get this working for my son if I do manage to do it I will do a video so it will help other people do this more easily hope to hear from someone soon I don't mind paying someone if can help me with it..thanks..
The link to the Max ST-Link Dash BLE555 Autoprogrammer has changed, it now provides 2 other links to download, which only 1 of them works. And it doesn't have the connect_dashboard.bat file.

Does anyone know if it's any of these other .bat files, or has the old toolkit they can upload and share?

There is no readme in this toolkit.

Here's a screenshot of what files are contained in the folder

I also posted this on the scooterhacking forum, but want to try my luck here as well.
hey this tutorial may have once been good, now it's a bunch of shitty half working information I'd be ashamed to have my name associated with it. Man spend 1 hour fixing all the sh*t that is wrong in it. I mean we can't even use st link cause there are no hex files anywhere anymore. Why did you guys change them if you did then say what program to use them with you damn losers. Second rate minds at work here folks. One guy even posted like 8 things curentlt wrong/neededing undating. Following this guide to the letter will brick your scooter if it is not exaqctly like drunk santa's model, yet he doesn't state this, just goes on speaking in absolutes. Fix it or delete it. what trash.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]