An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
rem wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:04 am
Hi.
My g30 controller looks diffrend. Its a original controller and cant find the st link connections.
Can someone help me?

Incase you haven't figured it out yet, it's on the backside of the pcb.
Kawaï wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:02 pm
This model have a totally different ESc. You can unlock it by stlink only and after only use CFW to avoid error. There is no retail firmware for this model for the battery, you need tu use BMS 1.5.3 (compatible with the level display on the battery) but you have to flash it by ioT with iap BEFORE flashing the ESC by stlink (if not, you need to stlink battery too)
Advice: don’t connect to your Mobil app before changing serial number. They are sharing model only 😉
How do i ST-Link a ESC from a SNSC 2.2? I have searched forums but never found anyone that have done that. This ESC is filled up with some silicone or something so i cant see if there is any obvious connection points for the ST-link.
Another question is if i can connect my dash that i am waiting on from china directly or if i have to rewire anything to avoid frying the dash? I have one 5-pin connector and one 4-pin connector.
Bug_meh wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:17 pm
Kawaï wrote:
This model have a totally different ESc. You can unlock it by stlink only and after only use CFW to avoid error. There is no retail firmware for this model for the battery, you need tu use BMS 1.5.3 (compatible with the level display on the battery) but you have to flash it by ioT with iap BEFORE flashing the ESC by stlink (if not, you need to stlink battery too)
Advice: don’t connect to your Mobil app before changing serial number. They are sharing model only 😉
How do i ST-Link a ESC from a SNSC 2.2? I have searched forums but never found anyone that have done that. This ESC is filled up with some silicone or something so i cant see if there is any obvious connection points for the ST-link.
Another question is if i can connect my dash that i am waiting on from china directly or if i have to rewire anything to avoid frying the dash? I have one 5-pin connector and one 4-pin connector.
is the esc in the stem instead of the batt compartmen, if it is on the stem there is 3 pads you can solder onto on the bottom of the board, just like a stock G30
mrracerhacker wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:42 pm
is the esc in the stem instead of the batt compartmen, if it is on the stem there is 3 pads you can solder onto on the bottom of the board, just like a stock G30
Yes it is! It is between the board you stand on and the steering stem. But there are only 3 connection points. Where do I connect the 5v?
Bug_meh wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:37 am
mrracerhacker wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:42 pm
Yes it is! It is between the board you stand on and the steering stem. But there are only 3 connection points. Where do I connect the 5v?
connect 5v either to pin 1 on esc to ble and plug in the battery, or on pin 3 also works if i remembe, but i use pin 1
mrracerhacker wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:11 pm
connect 5v either to pin 1 on esc to ble and plug in the battery, or on pin 3 also works if i remembe, but i use pin 1

Ok! I found another solution before i saw this. I measured the battery output
and the pin connected in the pic worked for me to be able to connect to the ESC.

I am still waiting on my UART serial to arrive so i cant flash it yet
since Kawaï wrote that i need to flash the BMS first.
Kawaï wrote:

I found what to flash both the dash and the BMS with and what order to do it. But i am still a bit
confused what to flash the ESC with. Or will some kind of an "unlock" procedure do it?
JonDon wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:45 am
[*]Controller ESC:
After flashing the ESC I got error 27.
meister_sd on scooterhacking.org writes: "After programming the ESC with the full dump, you have to read the first address 0x1FFFF7E8-F3 and then copy it to the second address 0x0801C1B4-BF. This prevents the Code 37 error from the beginning."

for error 27, see: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=6568&start=30#p21121
mrracerhacker wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:24 am
flash the esc with drv 1.2.6 with STM32, use the guide for the normal max, its the same procedure
Tried to flash BLE555 but the dash went black after that. Can connect to bluetooth sometimes but i cant read out any FW info or anything.
Noticed before BLE555 I flashed fullfump DRV126 to ESC that the serial changed. But it dosent complede the flashing to ESC. So i guess the DRV126 fulldump file doesent match this ESC? I can flash DRV126.bin.enc again with success but i still cant read any FW info.

Do i need a fulldump file that is compatible with this ESC? Or can you point me in the right direction?
Will of course post the solution in this forum once i got it running.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]