An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
Picked up a scooter at auction finally....I think it's an es2 but not sure...cant find serial or model # anywhere:( when i tried to turn it on, it would keep beeping like crazy but never run...replaced dashboard and now it seems to run and charge fine but, the dashboard doesnt work and cant connect via bluetooth....when I turn it on, the dashboard comes on for a split second and then doesnt come on again until the next time u turn it on....was gonna try to find it via the Segway app but it wont show up at all...dont know if I'm doing something wrong or if there is anything a noob like myself can do to fix it all...any help would be appreciated!
Post a pic to help us better identify it
jssmitty wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:23 am
Picked up a scooter at auction finally....I think it's an es2 but not sure...cant find serial or model # anywhere:( when i tried to turn it on, it would keep beeping like crazy but never run...replaced dashboard and now it seems to run and charge fine but, the dashboard doesnt work and cant connect via bluetooth....when I turn it on, the dashboard comes on for a split second and then doesnt come on again until the next time u turn it on....was gonna try to find it via the Segway app but it wont show up at all...dont know if I'm doing something wrong or if there is anything a noob like myself can do to fix it all...any help would be appreciated!
Maczilla wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:49 am
You need to flash the firmware on the controller with a
st link. Google it, plenty of tutorials.
I am in a similar situation, but I am not good with small soldering. What may be the possible complications for simply replacing the control board and dashboard?
No complications are likely, the only reason people usually don’t immediately start with that is because you have to pay for a new controller but that is a sure fire way to “fix” any rental is to just replace all the parts lmao
Nate2wasabi wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:30 pm
Maczilla wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:49 am
You need to flash the firmware on the controller with a
st link. Google it, plenty of tutorials.
I am in a similar situation, but I am not good with small soldering. What may be the possible complications for simply replacing the control board and dashboard?
My 12-year-old son and I picked up a Bird Zero (the tank) at auction. He is a handy kid - lots of time with Arduino and Raspberry Pi. We bought a Ninebot Controller and pre-flashed Dashboard (for ES 2, 3, and 4) replacement from the same seller on Ebay (ninebot_scooter_dude with 100% score). We took out all of the Torx bolts and have the beast open, but it appears that the wiring is all consolidated within the compact black conduit sleeve. Before we start cutting away at stuff, I was hoping that maybe somebody could guide us toward a tutorial so that we don't ruin stuff. (Side note: We previously ordered the conversion kit from the BatteryProvider people, but the item was never shipped to us and we had to contact PayPal to get our money back.) Thanks for any guidance or help.
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]