An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
Risitas98 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:42 pm
EDIT : Since the solution to flash this specific model is dangerously easy, I will not share the method publicly. There are some parts of the solution here but missing parts. If you found the method, don't leak it please. For the survival of voi scooter ninebot fleet. Many thanks.

:D Good evening, :D
I got a legally acquired snsc 2.3 aka ninebot max plus from the voi scooter company. I managed to unlock it with an arduino that simulate the GPS board by sending regular signals to the scooter with the GPS port. The scooter run well but it still has the rental firmware on it and I cannot use official segway features like flashing cfw, using Bluetooth apps, etc. Since it's not possible to do basic flashing with an st link or with ninebot iap, I want to ask how we can achieve this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :roll:
@Risitas98 - dude you ask for help all throughout this message/forum ... and then when it comes to helping other people you say it's "dangerously easy" and don't offer to help anyone else!

Why don't you help your fellow enthusiasts with the correct process of steps, with the correct tools (stlink, iap, etc) and cut through all the misinformation that is 90% of this thread.

You state that you choose to not share the process "for the survival of the voi fleet" ... well you're probably doing the opposite...most people (like yourself) buy from police/repossession auctions... but if people need to ruin 5-10 scooters while working out the correct process then they are more likely to acquire them illegally!
Risitas98 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:02 pm
Seank214 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:36 pm
The only thing I have figured out is that as long as the scooter is moving while turning it on then error 42 does not trip. 100% of the time... Anyone else figure this out as well? is there a fix to make it permanently go away? Also, does anyone have a source for the dash covers (The larger ones)?
Sadly for the dash cover you need to 3d print it. For the error 45 there is one firmware that patch this here's the link for it https://anonfiles.com/3cs4z328u3/dragsterbinks_zip
But I think that it only works with the original 36v battery without mods because I once tried to put a 3s battery with the stock one to make a 48v ninebot max and the scooter didn't moved with the patched firmware. And the firmware is quite powerful (1300w peak) but didn't harmed any controller for 1500km+.
The link is non-working((( does anyone have dragsterbinks_zip? Or other methods of correcting this error?
TrashMan wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:59 am
I just made some new pictures of the controller taken from a Ninebot SNSC 2.3 (VOI) after I picket out all the "jelly".
Might prove interesting for someone.

I was able to unlock the scooter with a secound IoT box, when I took the IoT box off the scooter (after unlocking it), the scooter locks again in a few seconds.

If I unlock the scooter with the secound IoT box and then change the "active" IoT box quickly to a "deactivated" IoT box (I only took out the SIM-Card and the antennas), the scooter keeps activated with that "unused-timeout".

Obviously there is some kind of communication between the controller and the IoT-Box after unlocking the scooter.

Somewhere I read of a solution for an ES2 (I think), wich requires a Arduino Nano Board and a simple line of Code on it, maybe its working with the SNSC 2.3 in the same way. I will try this during the next weeks.

what do u mean active iot box ? did u activate one with a arduino ?
do u have a link to how i can use an arduino to fool the scooter into becoming unlocked ?
MrMouse wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:09 pm
Risitas98 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:02 pm
Seank214 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:36 pm
The only thing I have figured out is that as long as the scooter is moving while turning it on then error 42 does not trip. 100% of the time... Anyone else figure this out as well? is there a fix to make it permanently go away? Also, does anyone have a source for the dash covers (The larger ones)?
Sadly for the dash cover you need to 3d print it. For the error 45 there is one firmware that patch this here's the link for it https://anonfiles.com/3cs4z328u3/dragsterbinks_zip
But I think that it only works with the original 36v battery without mods because I once tried to put a 3s battery with the stock one to make a 48v ninebot max and the scooter didn't moved with the patched firmware. And the firmware is quite powerful (1300w peak) but didn't harmed any controller for 1500km+.
The link is non-working((( does anyone have dragsterbinks_zip? Or other methods of correcting this error?
https://anonfiles.com/v9vf30d6x6/dragsterbinks_zip
To correct this error without this firmware just move the scooter motor wheel while powering it on
Johnishere wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:47 am
Risitas98 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:42 pm
EDIT : Since the solution to flash this specific model is dangerously easy, I will not share the method publicly. There are some parts of the solution here but missing parts. If you found the method, don't leak it please. For the survival of voi scooter ninebot fleet. Many thanks.

:D Good evening, :D
I got a legally acquired snsc 2.3 aka ninebot max plus from the voi scooter company. I managed to unlock it with an arduino that simulate the GPS board by sending regular signals to the scooter with the GPS port. The scooter run well but it still has the rental firmware on it and I cannot use official segway features like flashing cfw, using Bluetooth apps, etc. Since it's not possible to do basic flashing with an st link or with ninebot iap, I want to ask how we can achieve this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :roll:
@Risitas98 - dude you ask for help all throughout this message/forum ... and then when it comes to helping other people you say it's "dangerously easy" and don't offer to help anyone else!

Why don't you help your fellow enthusiasts with the correct process of steps, with the correct tools (stlink, iap, etc) and cut through all the misinformation that is 90% of this thread.

You state that you choose to not share the process "for the survival of the voi fleet" ... well you're probably doing the opposite...most people (like yourself) buy from police/repossession auctions... but if people need to ruin 5-10 scooters while working out the correct process then they are more likely to acquire them illegally!
I was hoping that some people here will say interesting things on flashing this model so I can assemble the pieces of the puzzle. But the majority here just want to wait for a complete guide to hack scooters and resell them in sub developed countries. And I found the pieces of the puzzle not on internet. When people released complete guide to hack es4/snsc1.0 everyone stole them and some months later all operators replaced models because of them. And we also found that a lot of people were reselling them illegally.
Maczilla wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:05 pm
Flashing mine this weekend, Will let you guys know how it went.

Update:
I flashed Bms via gps cable with iap Ninebot and esc to 1.2.6 with STLink and scooter can now drive.

Testing a fix for battery hatch lock :)
Google or pm me for more information.
Hi I got a legally acquired snsc 2.3 aka ninebot max plus from the voi scooter company. But i also Get error 10. Can you help me? I Can pay money to you:-)
STLink it
Metehan wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:51 am
Maczilla wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:05 pm
Flashing mine this weekend, Will let you guys know how it went.

Update:
I flashed Bms via gps cable with iap Ninebot and esc to 1.2.6 with STLink and scooter can now drive.

Testing a fix for battery hatch lock :)
Google or pm me for more information.
Hi I got a legally acquired snsc 2.3 aka ninebot max plus from the voi scooter company. But i also Get error 10. Can you help me? I Can pay money to you:-)
Hi All,

In my country there are many renting companies and sometimes they are sellling old models or broken scooters for junk or for spare. I bought 2 of them (No battery pack) just body (controller, dash) and wheels. You have to aware before buying, there is a rental firmare on it.

I attach controller to my bench power supply. It's turning on but show some error on dash. I checked too many m365 / st-link firmare upgrade/downgrade etc docs and videos.

Mine has different layout than original or clone. Also when I connect to m365 to st-link module I hear beep and all lights are on than in 2 seconds display turned off

Any suggesstion from experienced members

regards

[img]https://i.imgur.com/VWjOQh1.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/TCnsEHA.jpg[/img]
I wrote many forums but no one help or suggest or give any clue of my dashboard. Since I bought 2 scooter without battery pack luckily I found 1 pack in auction :) .

Last week I did too many trial and error, well finally I figure it out how to flash to stock firmware all 3 items, (dashboard "BLE", battery controller "BMS" and driver "ESC")

Now battery leds are shows battery level, also its possible to charge battery from sockets,
ESC is working without IOT (unplugged GPS/GSM module "wasn't included sim card")

My dash was bit different. I believe it's a new version and c2 capacitor is located back of the board. I could flash with 555 firmware.

Dashboard is operatable now also possible to connect via bluetooth. Dashboard shows battery capacity while idle. Bluetooth name "Change.Me.Pls" is coming with 555 firmware. I changed with hex editor.

There are some minor problems on dashboard side. The firmware I found on internet is for 350 max but not for "max plus" therefore

1. Dash is always on (on/off button not functioning)
2. I couldn't turn on headlight (single press to on/off button)
3. double click (on/off button) is not changing modes (stays always "S " mode)
4. max plus has 2 brake lever (left one should be disconnected from dash sockets) otherwise giving error 15
5. tail light is not flashing when brake applied.

I couldn't find correct firmware for dashboard yet

All bluetooth settings are working from mobile, info screen, speed etc. Scooter has 30 km top speed at the moment

Good Luck

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]