An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
So this is quite the tale, and I have tried several things so far without luck.

I was stupid and bought a Ninebot Max on Craigslist and didn’t realize it was a former rideshare scooter (no markings). I hooked it up to the Segway app and updated the firmware and of course bricked it like a idiot.

On advice from a guy on reddit I ordered the ST-Link so I can unbrick it. I went through the process of taking out the controller, hooking up the wires and using the ST-LINK with STM32 to load the Dump126 file onto the controller, flashing it.

The controller did this once it was flashed:
https://youtu.be/rpH3mYx7NLU

Now when I hook everything back up to the scooter is does this:
https://youtu.be/Bx31sK3W3o4

Essentially it turns the display on once without error code, turns off and starts beeping and the brake light flashes. hiting the power button turns the light on/off and holding the power button turns off the scooter.

I figured maybe I need to flash the dash & battery as well. I started with the dash and took it out - here is where i f***ed up the SWDIO pad on the dash, it just "fell" off.
tried hooking up to the exposed part right below it but not getting a connection when i try to hold it to the exposed part and plug in the ST-Link to the USB port the display flashes once and beeps and turns back off

I'm pretty much at a loss here, I'm no expert or anything so I'm just trying to not throw the $400 scooter i bought in the trash, which is what I'll prolly have to do.

Any advice or last ditch efforts would be very much appreciated!
Hi 18 error mostly hall sensor. you should connect motor 3 wires and hall sensor wires to the controller. You can find max firmware on internet and upload with your st-link. you need to flash controller (esc), battery controller (bms) and your dashboard (ble). After you solder cables to avoid tear off you may aplly hot glue top of them

Good Luck

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]