An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
Creating this m365 forum thread in hopes to share ideas to further mod the M365. Eliminating the small control board in place of a raspberry pi. No more issues with clone boards. More options for firmware. My goal is to be able to control and manipulate the m365's speed limitations, power distribution and KERS without having to flash firmware every time. Using a raspberry pi, a smartphone android OS app and Bluetooth connection. Be able to change ESC values all within a dedicated android app via Bluetooth connection through the pi. There is just enough room in the Battery storage area to put the pi.
By humanbeing21
Bird_of_prey wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:44 pm
@humanbeing21 with your experience with m365's you willing to try? wont be plug and play, but it adds much more capability for better mods.
This sounds interesting. Although I’m not sure how much I can help.

My experience with the Xiaomi M365 is limited to swapping hardware. This is before there was a run on the boards and OEMs were replaced with clones on eBay. Times were simpler back then. :D
By 0E800
Have some beefy servers and am comfortable building and compiling firmwares for the rpi.

I just have no clue when it comes to GPIO and configuring the necessary header hook ups.

I would suggest prototyping off the Raspberry Pi Zero W model as it has a smaller profile.
By Lucan
Maybe build off this project for an arduino
https://github.com/augisbud/m365_dashboard

Currently this is a piggy back to show more information on an OLED display.

The M365 upper control board handles
BT communications,
picks up the throttle and brake handle signals
drives the LED headlight.
Poles the BMS for cell votalages, displays via the little leds
power switch
Hi...the problem is that sometimes it works and sometimes not, it can take me up to 10 executions to actually turn on the light, this also occurs with any other command like the one to turn off the rear light or the one to get the scooter's data.
I think the problem could be related with the way that the data is written to the serial port in the Raspberry, or how the Raspberry manage the serial port when writing because reading seems to work correctly, but although I have been searching for days I cannot find how to fix it.

rapid smt assembly
Good day to all,

I shall assume this topic may have died however, in the beginning (always wanted say that !) of the CFW releases there was a person from the Segway part of the ninebot max release that was fundamental (Not sure who, what or where but shall look further as I am interested in this topic) to CFWs, as we know them, being flashed onto the ninebot max controllers; that person would be the one to assist your progress (Im assume thT essentially the 2 scooters are the same).

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]