An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
joeyfreshwater wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:20 am
LAskooter213 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:10 pm
That is correct, bro. Nice work.
sensei you have returned lol. have you tinkered with a max? curious to see what you could put together
Hey man, yes, Im back....for a minute at least. Ive had a lot of things cookin and been focusing on my lowrider/kustom car projects. But Ive still got a shitload of scooters sitting around my place and Im trying to get them all going to sell a few of them. As for tinkering with a Max...I did but I couldnt hang with all the programming and sh*t like that. It was too much work. And it bores me to death. So I have just been putting aftermarket controllers in them. Works great and is easy. It costs a few bucks but is really the way to g IMHO. Hope youre doing well man.
Glad to see everyone is still around and continuing to build stuff. I just built a battery spot welder and I’m working on some packs for a few of my scooters. So I was checking in to see how this thread has been going and it looks like the LA king is still spreading his knowledge for all to gain speed from. The world seems to be a different place lately, can’t we just go back to the days of seeing shared scooters on every corner. I didn’t think I would miss that as much as I do. 😃

Anyway glad to see things are still progressing around here. And yea I agree with LA, the max is great and all but dam it’s a lot of computer time and that’s definitely not my strong suit.
✌🏻
I built a 12s4p battery for the stock Xiaomi M365, completely contained inside the frame.
It has a top speed of ~36.5km/h.
Huge thanks to botox for the bms software and cfw for the scooter.

Here's some pictures from the progress.
I bought two extra bottom plates to extend the space inside the frame.
And finally everything inside the scooter.
All finished:
That’s awesome man, good job on building that battery. It’s taken me some time to get all the info and learn how to build the packs without burning my house down. Having a spot welder makes it so much easier and much faster. It’s a rather crude spot welder but it works very well and it only cost me about 50$ because I had to buy the battery. If you have a battery to begin with you could probably build one for 20$ assuming you scrounge for some of the other stuff you need.

Did you install a BMS on your battery? How are you dealing with error 21 , as you have nothing plugged into the 3 wire data port on the esc right?
Assume you bought a 48v charger ?

Good job..👌
365GUY wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:26 am
That’s awesome man, good job on building that battery. It’s taken me some time to get all the info and learn how to build the packs without burning my house down. Having a spot welder makes it so much easier and much faster. It’s a rather crude spot welder but it works very well and it only cost me about 50$ because I had to buy the battery. If you have a battery to begin with you could probably build one for 20$ assuming you scrounge for some of the other stuff you need.

Did you install a BMS on your battery? How are you dealing with error 21 , as you have nothing plugged into the 3 wire data port on the esc right?
Assume you bought a 48v charger ?

Good job..👌
Yeah a spotwelder makes it a LOT easier.
I bought the Sunkko 737g for ~$120, but this is my first project with batteries so don't take my choice too seriously.
I used the 12s 30a version of this bms:
https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/produ ... 2-2-2-2-2/
I then flashed it with custom firmware made by botox, so that the bms now communicates with the xiaomi original esc, over their proprietary UART protocol. This way all the apps for the scooter like M365 Tools, still display all the correct batteryinfo and voltage levels. You can see it displayed below:
The ESC has 3 pins R, T & L.
R and T is plugged into RX and TX on the BMS.
So that leaves the one L port not connected on the Xiaomi ESC, but the L port is for brakelight on the back, and the xiaomi controller does not detect whether it's connected or not.

Yeah i bought actually a 50 volt charger called Mean Well HLG-240H-48A so i have the possibility of charging the cells to 4.2V (not necessary though haha cause it's almost too fast with 4V).
I didn’t even know that a aftermarket bms could be programmed to talk to the esc on the 365. I have never seen anything on the subject and I have spent a sh*t ton of time trying to figure out how to run a 54.6 v battery without having the esc throw a fit. I guess that’s a solid option then. Just build a pack and use that Bms. I was considering buying a device named Rita that is developed and sold by a Polish guy. What it does is allows you to hot swap basically any external battery onto the scooter and the esc isn’t effected. Running batteries in parallel you always need to keep the pack voltages the same but with this device that’s no longer a issue. Just google “ Rita M365” and you will find his website and YouTube videos explaining everything.

Ultimately I want to ditch the 365 stock battery and just run 2 13s3p packs on a max scooter with 365 controller and pro dash. Currently I’m running a giant 42v battery in the max deck that is basically 2.5 stock 365 batteries. So even bigger than the stock max battery. The things got some serious range. And the firmware is dialed in to provide decent power but I’m planning on swapping all that for some higher voltage batteries. I will look into that BMS and see if I can install it on a 13s battery, if so that will solve everything.
Thanks for the info and welcome to the board.
365GUY wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:14 am
I didn’t even know that a aftermarket bms could be programmed to talk to the esc on the 365. I have never seen anything on the subject and I have spent a sh*t ton of time trying to figure out how to run a 54.6 v battery without having the esc throw a fit. I guess that’s a solid option then. Just build a pack and use that Bms. I was considering buying a device named Rita that is developed and sold by a Polish guy. What it does is allows you to hot swap basically any external battery onto the scooter and the esc isn’t effected. Running batteries in parallel you always need to keep the pack voltages the same but with this device that’s no longer a issue. Just google “ Rita M365” and you will find his website and YouTube videos explaining everything.

Ultimately I want to ditch the 365 stock battery and just run 2 13s3p packs on a max scooter with 365 controller and pro dash. Currently I’m running a giant 42v battery in the max deck that is basically 2.5 stock 365 batteries. So even bigger than the stock max battery. The things got some serious range. And the firmware is dialed in to provide decent power but I’m planning on swapping all that for some higher voltage batteries. I will look into that BMS and see if I can install it on a 13s battery, if so that will solve everything.
Thanks for the info and welcome to the board.
Allright ill look Rita up, but i don't really see a solution that's better than just replacing the standard battery with a better one and using a custom bms.
13s3p sounds like a lot doesn't it? :) I already feel a little unsafe driving at 37.5km/h haha with a 12s battery only charged to 4.1v.
If you need some help, cause it's kind of a tricky process add me on Discord Mads#7672.
Thanks! I've been a lurker here for quite some time.
JonDon wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:10 am
InfinityWay wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:51 pm
Do you guys think this would work?
I tried the same configuration, but somehow I shorted out the charger. Either I did something wrong with the diode or I wired something else in a wrong way. My second problem was, that the 40V to 8.4V stepdown driver (cheap LM2596HVS 4.5-50V board) was getting terribly hot. So for now I am charging the two packs with different chargers.
Speed in the 12s configuration is about 34km/h.
were you able to get this working?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]