An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By 365GUY
Hay man,
You got the brakes to run off one ? You wanna share your breakthrough?
I didn’t think it was possible with the 365.
That’s awesome TJ, good job!
By TJSplash
I will take more detailed pictures when I get back home, I just did a y method from the actual controller for both be throttle and the brakes. The only drawback I've come across is that when you turn on one of the circuit boards for the double wheel system they both automatically turn on. If you want to turn both off you have to press the buttons at the same exact time, otherwise you will constantly be booting one up when you try to turn one of them off. I just put on my external battery rig, but for some reason the Dual system stopped working so I need to troubleshoot it when I get home. It added a crazy amount of weight though, so I'm probably going to have to see what I can strip down to remove some of the excess weight.

365Guy, how did you remove the zero battery from the casing? I had to completely Crush one of them in a vise to open it up to expose the battery, I remove the additional screws that were throughout the battery itself, but for some reason I still cannot pry it out of the casing. Any recommendations?
By 365GUY
You shouldn’t have to crush anything to get it open, however there are a number of philips screws under silicone that you need to remove.
Just go slow and make sure you remove all the screws, pry a little and see if it comes apart, if not you probably have some screws left somewhere.
By TJSplash
365GUY wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:32 pm
You shouldn’t have to crush anything to get it open, however there are a number of philips screws under silicone that you need to remove.
Just go slow and make sure you remove all the screws, pry a little and see if it comes apart, if not you probably have some screws left somewhere.

You've gotta be my favorite poster on this site. I'll try again, gotta cut some weight from this bad boy
By 365GUY
Dude that’s some serious battery action you got hanging on the front of that b*tch. Are you trying to only have to charge it once a year or something 😂 or are you making a backup power source for your city when the zombie apocalypse happens? Because that sh*t is no joke, it’s definitely going to happen sooner than later and we better prepare.

But really the case on the zero battery doesn’t really weigh much at all and I don’t know how safe it would be to run it out of its shell. With 3 of them on the front of your scooter the odds are you might eat sh*t at some point and having the batteries unpacked could be a recipe for a small lithium nuke to turn your scooter info a falcon 9 rocket and propel yourself to the Tesla that is orbiting over us. We don’t want to see you go wizzing by the web cam they have setup on that thing so be careful.
By 365GUY
I have a question for you or anyone who stumbles across this.
Ok if I wire two zero batteries in series I would end up with say 70v to 80v give or take. If I order a 72v controller as well as a 60v 1600watt hub motor what do you think the odds are that everything will work?

The controllers is 72v 2000 watt
Batteries would be 70-80v depending on charge
The batteries amp hour rating doesn’t change though so would be the same as 1 battery.

I guess the only thing I’m unsure of is if running 2 batteries in series would even work. Having 2 batteries with there own bms ... issue or not?

I want to order a mini motor hub motor and go f**king fast. Without having the firmware restrictions and bullshit to try and bypass.
Oh and I don’t want to spend 3800$ on a Dualtron 👍
By TJSplash
365GUY wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:44 pm
Dude that’s some serious battery action you got hanging on the front of that b*tch. Are you trying to only have to charge it once a year or something 😂 or are you making a backup power source for your city when the zombie apocalypse happens? Because that sh*t is no joke, it’s definitely going to happen sooner than later and we better prepare.

But really the case on the zero battery doesn’t really weigh much at all and I don’t know how safe it would be to run it out of its shell. With 3 of them on the front of your scooter the odds are you might eat sh*t at some point and having the batteries unpacked could be a recipe for a small lithium nuke to turn your scooter info a falcon 9 rocket and propel yourself to the Tesla that is orbiting over us. We don’t want to see you go wizzing by the web cam they have setup on that thing so be careful.
That is a total of three bird zero batteries right there. It is good to know that the shell doesn't really add any weight to the batteries, I'm thinking about just transferring all of that to the extended back I'm going to create. I think I might have mentioned it before, but I'm going to use a longboard and fabricate an extended Fork as you saw in the three wheel design, but I'm going to turn it into a two wheeler. The main idea that I have is to cut a hole in the back of the longboard that would allow the tire to come through, yet at the same time I will use the 3 bird zero batteries to create a little block around the tire itself. I will upload some sketches of my idea later when I get home. I was really impressed with the overall speed, I was still able to maintain a solid 21 miles an hour even with the added weight to the scooter of about 30 lb or so. I am also not the lightest guy in the world weighing in at 220, so if my girlfriend rides it she gets bumped up to around 25 miles an hour.

365GUY, the only way to wire two birds 0 batteries in parallel would require you to strip the batteries out of the enclosure individually and use a spot battery welder with nickel strips to create that 72 volt battery that you are thinking of. I'm not sure how the BMS would work for that, the point is you only want to have one BMS. You would probably have to order an after-market one to be able to get that higher voltage. What I am thinking about right now is getting a 36 volt thousand watt controller for each motor, I feel like that would give you the speed that you need as well as work with the current voltage system. What do you think of that?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]