An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By AntonEerik
Hello!
I recently replaced my controller and I have an extra display which shows the controller temperature. The new controller out of the box was showing board temperatures of 6C while at room temperature ~20C, i thought it just may be a miscalibration, but as the scooter stayed outside for a few hours at -4C it gave me the error code 40, which stands for high controller temperature. The display showed a temperature of 123C. I brought the scooter inside to warm up but as the scooter body temperature started rising the controller temperature started falling. It is now at 110C, while the scooter body may be in the 10-15C range. Am I experiencing a bad temperature sensor? Is it possible to recalibrate the sensor? And is the red wired black dot between the 4th and 5th transistor the temperature sensor, pictured below?
By AntonEerik
It turns out the controller reads the temperature fine as I can see temperatures below 0 in the app as -1,-2 etc. But the dashboard translates these temperatures as 104C..105C and so on, once it reaches 123 degrees it gives me the overheating error. I tried replacing the sensor from another board which read 26C at room temperature, but no difference. As the temperature reading is off into the colder area then it reaches -20C or 123C faster in cold and can give the error already with 6C outside. Tried flashing a different firmware to BLE, but the issue remains, seems like -20 is the safety limit.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]