An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
I went the other route, I swapped batteries with one from a working scooter, its definitely in the lower controller, I have ordered a generic replacement , I also noticed the moisture sensing stickers in the front are reddish so I think it must hace gotten some water
JonDon wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:18 pm
TheJas0n wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:53 pm
I plugged a charger into one of my auction scooters and it does not switch from green to red for charging. Does anyone know the troubleshooting steps to figure out why this won't start to charge? Do I have to remove the battery cover? Thanks for the help!
I would start by checking the charging socket, especially if the scooter is in a beat up, bad condition. Just unscrew the two screws and pull out the charging socket and test with a multimeter the connection. Next thing to test is the battery pack, but that's a bit more difficult :-)
Adding to what JonDon says...
Hopefully the problem is the charging socket - that's an easier item to handle.

When I encountered this problem (after determining that the issue wasn't the charging socket), I removed the battery cover panel from the bottom of the scooter. The BMS (battery management system?) circuit board, which is enclosed and attached with the battery pack, would flash a small red light (maybe 5 blinks?) when I attempted to charge. A working BMS should flash blue.

Before I knew that this flashing red light indicated the BMS won't allow the battery to charge, I tested the battery with a voltmeter and it read ~14V. I stopped there and started shopping for a new battery pack. Replacing a bad BMS card or repairing a low voltage battery are beyond my skill set. I believe that trying to revive the battery is dangerous.

I suppose your problem could be either the BMS card, the battery itself, or both.

Does anyone agree/disagree?
Stories8106 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:41 am
I'm making a full on tutorial video, not the half bit things that are out there. It should be uploaded tomorrow at some point.

I too am running into the battery issue.
Any luck on this? I’m reading a bit below 14v on the battery pack. 4 red blinks. Should I hit the reset button on the battery BMS? I’m not feeling that any of the battery contacts are loose or broken but haven’t removed the battery.
SinisterSinister wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:33 pm
did anyone try the conversion with the Pro Dashboard
I am running three of these 15USD Pro Dashboards. The PRO - FULLSPEED Firmware from RollerPlausch is a good preconfigured firmware. Just install the dashboard and flash the firmware with m365 DownG.

PS: The Pro Dashboards from different AliExpress sellers are all the same, I ordered from 4 different stores.
JonDon wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:41 pm
SinisterSinister wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:33 pm
did anyone try the conversion with the Pro Dashboard
I am running three of these 15USD Pro Dashboards. The PRO - FULLSPEED Firmware from RollerPlausch is a good preconfigured firmware. Just install the dashboard and flash the firmware with m365 DownG.

PS: The Pro Dashboards from different AliExpress sellers are all the same, I ordered from 4 different stores.
I bought the Pro Dashboard from Scooterclone on ebay and is on the way. I did some research on using custom firmware with the Pro Dashboard and found people recommending to use DRV155 customized by GONKA. Found it here https://www.spzshop.com/blogs/best-prac ... it?lang=en

any idea what the differences between DRV155GONKA and DRV155FULL-SPEED is?
So I've seen a lot of people using the simple dashboard have got ups an downs and seems like just get lucky or buy reputable Oem parts seller
what about the pro I have two m365 scoots and just ordered the pro headset I plugged it up an light did not work would not connect to Bluetooth or mi app wouldn't even show the speed. It just stayed at zero with blue tooth logo flashing
but the M365 tools app would connect and change name of scooter and turn on/off cruise control and tail light on/off but no head light It would go though if I kicked off it went up to like 25kmh the tools app would show every thing but not control everything anyways all the pro headset would let me do is turn on/off or ride in drive mode only No Eco no sport mode and no head light. Any ideas or tips on next head set I think I needed to downG but too late now headset just stopped working on its own doesn't even light up now lol an returning it any help would be great :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]