An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
Yoli wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:38 am
For the below 3 quoted people, you guys are basically reporting this issue:

I've confirmed it's the board by trying out an entirely different battery pack, a different headlight, different top handlebar entirely. And by swapping out the board. The defective board will make any other M365 have the same issue. And replacing the board fixes the issue.

You can find them on ebay here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=m3 ... 20circuit)
Hey Yoli. Thanks for the info!!!
I just picked up 3 trashed Birds from these homeless people down the street. Gave them $5. I'll try swapping the mother boards to see if I can get my lights working properly. Thanks bro!
humanbeing21 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:05 pm
How to hack a Bird scooter! Learn how to use a Bird scooter conversion kit to hack the Xiaomi M365 Bird scooter. Convert a Bird scooter into a personal scooter.

Came across a conversion kit on eBay to turn Bird's Xiaomi MIJIA M365 scooter into a personal unit. The expected delivery date is longer than I'd like, Nov 5 - 15th. Fingers crossed this works. :D

Be on the lookout for a full review once it shows up.

Durable Board Dashboard bluetooth Module Part for Xiaomi MIJIA M365 BIRD Scooter

Note: Some eBay sellers are shipping reproduction Circuit Boards. Some users have reported issues pairing the scooter to the Mi Home App when using these boards. Refer to this post to see how to tell a real from a fake. Big thanks to @wu wear for figuring this out.

Bird Model This Works With
Xiaomi MIJIA M365
Hi! Today i bought mainboard from linkt that You given:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Durable-Board- ... ctupt=true

About using it-this will work with Mi Home app? Or i must use other? All is plug`n play? I must disconnect batterry before working with this?
Help will be much appreciated!
Hello

quick question: one the bird brain is opened, do you have to carefully unplug everything or can you just rip everything off? In other words, are the cables on the bird circuit going to be plugged in the OEM board?

Thanks
A legitimate Scooter Guy does not just “rip everything off”.
Unplug the old parts, then plug in the new. Headlamp, brake, throttle and databus all plugged connections.
xvmn wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:11 am
Hello

quick question: one the bird brain is opened, do you have to carefully unplug everything or can you just rip everything off? In other words, are the cables on the bird circuit going to be plugged in the OEM board?

Thanks
I just acquired 2 birds through an auction, charged them up and the dash came to life and they started beeping. I'm assuming bird was looking for them, so I took apart the dash and removed the board with the sim card. 2 days later my first new control board showed up, so I plugged it all in. Seemed pretty simple, everything was color coded so no way to screw it up. All together and it does nothing. No lights, no beeps, no nothing. Made sure battery was charged, unplugged it for a minute and back in, and still its a brick. No lights on the handlebar control board. Any suggestions or did I get a junk control board? I ordered 2 different ones for both scooters just in case this happened
Was you circuitboard an original ? In sealed Xiaomi box bearing the part nr. C002580000400 ?
Did you power down before plugging in ?
Brad chodeington wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:55 pm
I just acquired 2 birds through an auction, charged them up and the dash came to life and they started beeping. I'm assuming bird was looking for them, so I took apart the dash and removed the board with the sim card. 2 days later my first new control board showed up, so I plugged it all in. Seemed pretty simple, everything was color coded so no way to screw it up. All together and it does nothing. No lights, no beeps, no nothing. Made sure battery was charged, unplugged it for a minute and back in, and still its a brick. No lights on the handlebar control board. Any suggestions or did I get a junk control board? I ordered 2 different ones for both scooters just in case this happened
By SonOfMagnet
humanbeing21 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:36 pm
This was a 100% plug n play project. You'll need specialty bits to remove all the Bird hardware. I still have some cosmetic work to do and will post a step by step guide on how to do this. Will probably have time to get to it over the weekend.

I've only driven the scooter up and down the street to test that it worked. Haven't had an opportunity to explore the app yet.
Hi human being, I checked through the first few pages of this thread and was unable to find this step by step, am I blind or is it else where? Lol

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]