An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
LAskooter213 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:36 pm
Guys, open up the bottom of the scooter and disconnect the 3 big phase wires that run from the motor to the controller. Does the wheel spin freely now? Check the controller for black carbon tracking around the 3 wires you just unplugged. If you see black carbon burny sh*t, you have a fried controller.
Motors are pretty tough. Controllers, not so much. It is likely runaway voltage being produced as the KERS kicks in while youre braking at high speeds down hill. The motor essentially becomes a generator at that point and can generate so much voltage that it burns the board and shorts the phase wires.
You motor probably only got stiff and sounded bad because of shorted phase wires. Dont believe me? Spin the motor and touch two of the 3 phase wires togeether. The motor will stop. It will become hard to turn. And if powered on it would make a terrible grinding noise. Touch all three together and the motor practically locks up. Typical A/C or Brushless D/C motor behavior.
You likely just need a new controller. Let me know what the actual fix was once you get it figured out. I just like to know that Im correct and not giving bullshit *ss advice to people. But Im about 95% sure....im f**king correct. Cuz LA dont front on motherf***ers scooters!
Can you recommend where can I buy that controller online? I have changed the controller temporarily and it worked. So I have to buy the new one
rodolpholemos wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:28 pm
My m365 pro is dead too. I was going uphill and at some point the motor vibrates and then stops. The wheel became hard to spin. I guess the controller have burned. I didn't disassemble it, but I guess it's gone. It burned at the same spot.
The same issue. Where did you buy the new board, or have you repaired it? Cause there is a standard burning point
Hey, I'm dealing with a similar issue but it doesn't appear to be the controller board. I've gone through two motors in as many weeks.

Failure mode is thus:

- Was riding down a hill for a good while, had to ride the brakes. Front motor gets very hot (to be expected) and locks up, turns very jittery and is difficult to freely spin even while scooter is powered off

- Replaced front motor and tyre assembly, this fixes the issue, no replacement of controller board. Runs fine, I get another 10-15 miles on the same controller and this new motor. I take it much easier on the hills this time.

- Am riding on level ground, motor power suddenly stops, front motor is now locked up like before.

- Only installed mods are two auxiliary battery packs in Parallel.

Any advice is more than welcome.

Cheers!
LAskooter213 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:36 pm
Guys, open up the bottom of the scooter and disconnect the 3 big phase wires that run from the motor to the controller. Does the wheel spin freely now? Check the controller for black carbon tracking around the 3 wires you just unplugged. If you see black carbon burny sh*t, you have a fried controller.
Motors are pretty tough. Controllers, not so much. It is likely runaway voltage being produced as the KERS kicks in while youre braking at high speeds down hill. The motor essentially becomes a generator at that point and can generate so much voltage that it burns the board and shorts the phase wires.
You motor probably only got stiff and sounded bad because of shorted phase wires. Dont believe me? Spin the motor and touch two of the 3 phase wires togeether. The motor will stop. It will become hard to turn. And if powered on it would make a terrible grinding noise. Touch all three together and the motor practically locks up. Typical A/C or Brushless D/C motor behavior.
You likely just need a new controller. Let me know what the actual fix was once you get it figured out. I just like to know that Im correct and not giving bullshit *ss advice to people. But Im about 95% sure....im f**king correct. Cuz LA dont front on motherf***ers scooters!
Hi LAscooter,
Can you help me out..i saw your post about dead controller..in my case the blue wire has burnt mass around conntact..is that wire for display couz hes dead too or display dead couz of controller? Do i need new display too?
I had the same problem today, the m365 pro just arrived this morning and during the first test ride the motor stopped when i was riding uphill. I'm so disappointed, it is a very clever transportation vehicle.
I leave up on a very slope street, i'm in doubt if return it to get a new one or have money back.
Suggestion?
If going downhill this is often the case as explained before in the thread. But if someone comes after this I just wanted to give you my quick sent on if the issues is while going uphill. The same thing can happen while going uphill and if you remove the phase cables and it still doesn't move as smoothly as it would normally do.
The problem can also be the magnets inside the hub motor. All you have to do is take it apart and check so the magnets aren't lose. If they are, use super glue to the outside (closest to tire) part and just let it dry while you turn the hub carefully to make sure it doesn't stick on to the motor itself.

Perhaps that can help someone else in the future. It can ofc also be an issue with the hall sensor and cables in some cases but I've fixed a couple with the above mentioned problems.
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]