An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By Mattr567
Kiki626 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:24 pm
Yes, how did you use your zero battery ? Did you just wire it up to the controller by soldering it after the fuses in parallel ? Do u have any issues with the battery readout (is it accurate) ?
Yes I ran it in parallel to the original battery. Mounted it to the front and then ran the wires to the original batteries terminals. The Zero uses XT60 connectors with an inline fuse stock, so it was easy to do. Charged both batteries to the same voltage before connecting and all that. My battery percent took some time to adjust, but it seems to still be a bit off. I go off of battery voltage to confirm. Sits at about 41.5 volts fully charged.

I did 10mi on about 25% battery so I'm pretty happy with it :) Haven't really messed with overvolting but I don't want to hurt the range a ton just for a couple more mph.
By diamondrail
Mattr567 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:47 am
Mines goes 26mph (flat ground) with custom firmware, Zero motor swap and an external battery in parallel also used from the Zero.

Dual motor people can probably go faster, but I don't really see a point. Rarely do I reach top speed in actual use, and when I do it's scary lol. Dual motor swaps really don't make much sense in general besides the "look what I did!" factor. In real world use its extra speed you don't need while draining your range greatly.
Where did you buy your zero motor ? Decent climbing ability as well?
By Mattr567
diamondrail wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:00 am
Yeah, goes about 14-17mph up big hills, which is ridiculous lol. I don't weigh much so that definitely helps. Run CFW (non W) specs with speed limiters completely removed. Pulls at max about 1100watts on a stock original controller. Overall the scooter is fast but at the same time well rounded. Didn't want to go absolutely crazy with it and keep some range and reliability in it :lol:
By diamondrail
Mattr567 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:10 am
diamondrail wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:00 am
Yeah, goes about 14-17mph up big hills, which is ridiculous lol. I don't weigh much so that definitely helps. Run CFW (non W) specs with speed limiters completely removed. Pulls at max about 1100watts on a stock original controller. Overall the scooter is fast but at the same time well rounded. Didn't want to go absolutely crazy with it and keep some range and reliability in it :lol:
Where can i buy one of these zero motors...
By Dimokritos
LAskooter213 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:10 pm
Mine is fast. I doubt its the fastest, but it does over 30 mph. And I'm pretty proud of that. Dual motor. Zero in the rear stock in the front. Its over volted and flashed with cfw-w spec firmware. Im running the stock battery plus 2 es batteries plus 2 custom packs in series. Controllers are stock.

Anyone wanna race me?
I would like to do the same and got some questions
By LAskooter213
What are your questions? I have probably already answered them in previous posts, but Im happy to repeat or re-post and if its a new question Ill answer that too the best I can. Ill tell you one thing, everyone seems weary of overvolting, but if youre sensible about it, it gets you reliable power in both top speed and acceleration, and it can increase range too.Range depends a lot on how and where you operate it. Brushless motors become slightly more efficient at higher voltages. You just cant go too crazy with it. Knock it up to a 48v system (54.6 fully charged) and youre golden. Add dual motors and you got yourself a real fast set up. Probably as fast as I would consider safe on a scooter like the ones we are working with. I have not seen any substantial damage done by overvolting to this level either. My "daily" is an m365 all stock but running a 48-54 volt battery. I have used it to commute for about 4 months now and it has given me no problems. Theres just a few small mods you should to do, mostly to manage heat. And I abuse the hell out of that scooter. Full throttle all the time, I jump it off curbs, take a couple steep inclines daily, and I carry a 20 lb bag with me routinely. I weigh about 180 lbs and the f**king scooter just goes and goes. Pretty fast too. I clocked it at 22 mph top speed. Not bad for something that is so easy to put together. Add a 10 inch tire and pick up another 1 - 1.5 mph. Upgrade the wheel bearings and youll pick up maybe .5 mph. Theres lots of little tricks if you want to go faster, but there is no easier way than simply increasing system voltage. And for thoses of you that want to push the limit....dont exceed 62 volts opn a stock controller or youll burn it up right away, and dont exceed 70 volts with an aftermarket controller or the scooter becomes uncontrollable and the tire may get flung off of the rim. Thats my experience at least.
By Koolkidcharles
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 4CFiksxRjF
I love the sound of the motor🥵🥵

So here’s my project that I was working on last night. I have a 1500 W 72 V controller hooked up to a Segway motor. I had to ditch the oem xiaomi controller😂... it couldn’t Handel 72v. Im running two segway internal batteries in series. With everything hooked up I have 72 V and output of 1000 W. Everything seems be going good but I can’t charge the batteries because they need the OEM controller to be hooked up to it for it to charge. But the major problem I’m having is that The power cuts off above 20 miles an hour. It’s super fast but once you go over 20 it just cuts out. I’m going to have to do some troubleshooting. I think it’s the stupid ninebot batteries. Sounds fast as hell though🤙🤙. My goal is to get 30 mph with the ninebot motor, but most most likely I’m gonna have to switch to a xiaomi motor and slap on some 10in tires.
By LAskooter213
Im not 100% sure but I think if you remove the BMS from each of your ninebot batteries your problems should be solved. I think the BMS cuts power when it sees amp draw exceed a certain amount. Thats why you lose power at 20 mph. It thinks the battery is shorting to ground and it triggers some kind of solid state breaker. Not sure the mechanics of it, but I had a similar issue with my batteries and that fixed it. It might be a safety trigger in your controller also but I think that is less likely.

Good work by the way. I never tried using a ninebot motor because I hate the tires and the ride quality but it looks like thats the secret to having it hold up at that high of a speed. I can tell you from experience that a bird one and an m365 motor will fling the tire right off at that high of an rpm. I wanted to use those motors because they have nice soft tires but I dont think that kind of speed harbors any luxury or ride quality. A zero motor might work for you toI never tried it.

Good job homie. Youre sh*t is cookin, man. But please.....BE CAREFUL! You might be young and strong but young dudes can break their neck too ya know. Just be safe dawg.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]