An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
kernel wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:41 am
Hi!

I also want to connect 2 original batteries together.

Will this work connecting only the power cable?
Is the BMS LED flashing red just to let you know it doesn't have a data connection?
Does the second battery provide power despite BMS LED flashing red?

thanks
Are the batteries you're connecting both M365 batteries? If so, then yes. They will provide power without being connected to a separate controller. I've seen some other batteries that will only output minimum amperage before cutting off, if they aren't receiving the expected communication from the controller.
Yes, they are both original batteries.

The thing is... my wife as one as well, but she rarely uses it. So, I figured I could occasionally use her battery.
Before I do anything IJust want to make sure I don't ruin her battery for not having the data cables connected (BMS flashing red).

I'm going to double check voltage before I connect them together.

Will both batteries charge simultaneously with this configuration?
kernel wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:29 pm
Yes, they are both original batteries.

The thing is... my wife as one as well, but she rarely uses it. So, I figured I could occasionally use her battery.
Before I do anything IJust want to make sure I don't ruin her battery for not having the data cables connected (BMS flashing red).

I'm going to double check voltage before I connect them together.

Will both batteries charge simultaneously with this configuration?
In my experience, the m365 batteries are easy to get along with. Charge them both to full before connecting in parallel. Disconnect them when time to recharge, and use 2 separate chargers. I've had issues with the Ninebot batteries cutting out, but I've even run the M365 on 40v lawn equipment and not had any problems. You might want to upgrade your controller's firmware, but I don't know that it is truly necessary.
Ofirk wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:01 pm
:cry: I'm trying to upgrade my scooter range by adding a battery.
I've two m365 batteries.
I tried to connect the two batteries in parallel. but only one battery data cable is connect to the main board.
I used this cable:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32997848431.html

But, when I turned the sccooter on the additional battery led turns to red instead of fast flashing.
Any Idea what I'm doing wrong?
Thx
Granted it's not the m365, but I am currently running 2 ninebot ES batteries(front post battery) in parallel and connected only 1 bms to the controller(wired to the external port) along with another single with its bms connected. So far have not had any issues arise.
Did you wire them together with their capacities equal or drained and are they identical batteries? Its been documented that varying gaps in the charge of both batteries being connected could lead to taxing the healthier unit. And for most use case scenarios, not recommended to parallel different capacity units together.
For the ES batteries, I am only aware of the red led signalling in the event of low charge or when the bms detects some type of fault(such as over current or high temp. Etc)
I hope you solve the issue soon

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]