An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By BrockAbabba
They call it the Hover-1 Journey. 250w rated to haul a 220 pound person at 15 mph for up to 8 miles. The non-sport mode drives at 9 mph for up to 18 miles. They ask $400 for it and I got it on sale for $329. I weight 210 so I found a new motor for Seqway ES scooters, 350w for less than $100. I've heard great things about the motor quality, I'll find out in 10 days or so. Is it worth making a forum for the I-Hovers considering they are just Seqway's rebranded to Xiomi and then Hover-1?
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hover-1-jo ... Id=6321423
By BrockAbabba
After the first week of experiencing shut offs over bumpy roads/tiny hills, I exchanged it. Fearing I got a turd or that not having charged it for 5 hours before riding it had screwed it up. NOPE. That's just how it handles at 210 lbs. person on broken asphalt. At the 29th day I was tired of 3 days of 1 hour lock-out for no apparent reason. First time, I was going down a hill and engaged the hand brake; it stayed lit but unresponsive until I was at 7 mph and then shut off. 2nd lockout was after hitting a good bump, same unresponsive until 7 mph and display shut off. 3rd was after 1 mile it turned off and mysteriously turned on just in time to shut off for good. Yesterday it made it one block. Later that night a whole mile, today it made it 1.2 miles before the fully charged battery indicated 1 bar and I just gave up. I exchanged it for a new one and ordered a 350 watt Seqway es2 motor to replace the stock 250w. I expect it to arrive 9/5/2019, about 12 days from now, and will immediately let you know how it handles that same stretch of broken road that I have crossed a dozen times with the exact same shut-off point.
I ordered the M365 Pro dashboard hoping it would be a direct replace for the stock display and re-instate some lost features from the re-badging. I'd love the bluetooth connectivity and a 3rd performance mode, BUT NO. Maybe if you cut away all harnesses and solder wires individually but I'm not silly enough to try. It is not an exact re-badge of the Xiaomi.
Last edited by BrockAbabba on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looking further into the wires that come off the M365 Pro board, I found the hand brake, head light, and throttle wires all matching. The Xiaomi controller wants to send only 4 wires down the chassis to the batteries and controller while the new Hover-1 Journey has a full 5 wires. I'm still now willing to try the change and don't understand the newer model having more wires with less features.
By Ben J
A quick glance at Best Buys pictures reveals that thing has several major differences over Xiaomi. Its not a simple rebadge.
Just another cheezy clone ??
By Yousefhamed
anyone figured this out yet, I just got the Hover Pioneer which is basically walmart model of the journey, If someone can show a labelled 365 pro board so i can compare and figure out what is different, all these seems to be manufactured at the same sweatshop in china.
By Jeffjames
I'm confused while trying to buy a M365. I search on amazon and it only shows the "Xiaomi Mi". Not sure if this is the M365 or if it's a new model? It's important because I want to mod it to go faster.. The other question is, does anyone know what the range is when you mod it to go 25mph? (or whatever the increased speed is).

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]