An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By tifosi
My control board is Purple...so I guess I can upgrade! Yeah Me.

I have a couple of other questions...

I have experimented with my App (Honor LebiTEC) and it allows for changing the maximum speed. However, when I lower the maximum speed it just seems to reduce the actual amps applied to the motor, as it has a much harder time going uphill. For example if I lower the max speed to 20kph I can't go up a 4-5% grade hill.

That seems crazy - can using the https://m365pro.scooterhacking.org/ custom firmware creator get around this problem?

I would like the scooter to not be as fast, but yet still have nice torque like it does when the speed is set to the max...
By tifosi
Anyone have any tips on why if I lower the MAX speed it also lowers the power available to the motor?

I am guessing this is lower watts or lower voltage? Anyway around this? Will custom firmware help me control this?

I have ordered a new Pro Dashboard - and also a ST-Link programmer in case I need it to do a custom flash...
By tifosi
So I attempted my first upgrade.

I bought a Pro Dashboard PCB with the cable linked earlier in this thread.

My "original" dashboard PCB is also purple and has some different connectors than the JST ones used in a real Xioami setup.

I was able to hook up my new cable onto the cable inside my unit and actually power up the dashbard - it beeped, powered up and I was able to connect to it with the Mi-Home app which saw it as a "Xioami Pro Scooter". However, it would shut off right after it connected - the brake light was slowly blinking and the red LED in the main control was also slowly blinking.

I was able to get a the Check VER to respond in the M365_downG app - but it wouldn't retrieve any battery info before shutting off...

The brake lever wire, headlight wire, and accelerator wires will all need to be changed out IF I want to use the Pro Dashboard, but I don't want to do that if I can't get it to work software wise first.

I want to make sure I can still use my old dashboard if I screw something up...

Here is my other problem in the Mi-Home app the --- on the top right does nothing with either dashboard installed...

So any idea of what steps I can take from here - I have a ST-Link programmer just not sure that would help at this point.

I am worried about re-wiring and it not ever working.
By tifosi
Here is a photo of the style of Mother Board Controller and Dashboard my unit has inside...

Anyone have any tips for making the Pro Dashboard work with this?

By NomadMech
"Anyone have any tips for making the Pro Dashboard work with this?"
-yeah save your money. $25 would get you almost halfway to a decent setup or one that works as you're seeking.
NOTE : I said "decent setup or one that works", they are not the same. Seems like you may want to focus on what it is you're trying to achieve. If it's just to combine a hodgepodge of parts and see what you can do, then more power to you, I'm in the wrong thread. If you are looking for a specific trait and simply looking to make the best of what you've got, I may be able to offer assistance. I usually start big builds by determining a goal and then ride until I can assess what's standing in my way.. knock down one hurdle at a time until you have none left. Who knows you may really surprise yourself¯\_(ツ)_/¯
By tifosi
Thanks for the reply.

I have returned the "pro" style dashboard.

I am contemplating buying an entirely new control module, dashboard, and the other connections - I am not sure I want to or need to. My biggest issue with that is wondering if it will work with my current battery.

I think I could do the following:
Replace Dashboard, Control Module, BMS Battery PCB, tail light, front light, accelerator thumb throttle, and rewire my brake lever. At that point I would essentially have an all new electronics system that should work for a cost of around $70.

Right now I am leaning towards just sticking with what I have - it does work...so until something else fails I am probably better off just letting it be. I just don't have the latest screen with the speed showing...big deal.
By Robert Brown
tifosi wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:40 pm
Thanks for the reply.

I have returned the "pro" style dashboard.

I am contemplating buying an entirely new control module, dashboard, and the other connections - I am not sure I want to or need to. My biggest issue with that is wondering if it will work with my current battery.

I think I could do the following:
Replace Dashboard, Control Module, BMS Battery PCB, tail light, front light, accelerator thumb throttle, and rewire my brake lever. At that point I would essentially have an all new electronics system that should work for a cost of around $70.

Right now I am leaning towards just sticking with what I have - it does work...so until something else fails I am probably better off just letting it be. I just don't have the latest screen with the speed showing...big deal.
That’s exactly what I had to do and the problem is the battery you have is a Chinese knock off battery...it doesn’t have the actual capacity of LG cells... Which to me is really the most important thing to get the range and power for your scooter. Why exactly didn’t the dashboard work? Was it because It had different connectors for the throttle and brake? The controller you have will connect to the pro dashboard if you get the right cable, see link below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Cord-for ... Sw1LJdkafz

Honestly man a battery with LG cells is going to run you anywhere from $150 to $200+ And if you’re going to spend that you might as well just save $100 a month and buy a new m365 in 3 1/2 months. I’ve literally spent more on upgrading my scooter to be a real M365 (not to mention the waiting and the effort)then just purchasing a new M365.

If you decide you’re going to buy a new brake and throttle make sure you get the metal throttle ring as they do not come with the throttle usually(I found that out the hard way). The only place you can get them is from China and you’ll have to wait like a month...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speed-Dial-Thu ... 0d7393e497
By tifosi
Robert Brown wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:23 am
That’s exactly what I had to do and the problem is the battery you have is a Chinese knock off battery...it doesn’t have the actual capacity of LG cells... Which to me is really the most important thing to get the range and power for your scooter. Why exactly didn’t the dashboard work? Was it because It had different connectors for the throttle and brake? The controller you have will connect to the pro dashboard if you get the right cable, see link below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Cord-for ... Sw1LJdkafz

Honestly man a battery with LG cells is going to run you anywhere from $150 to $200+ And if you’re going to spend that you might as well just save $100 a month and buy a new m365 in 3 1/2 months. I’ve literally spent more on upgrading my scooter to be a real M365 (not to mention the waiting and the effort)then just purchasing a new M365.

If you decide you’re going to buy a new brake and throttle make sure you get the metal throttle ring as they do not come with the throttle usually(I found that out the hard way). The only place you can get them is from China and you’ll have to wait like a month...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speed-Dial-Thu ... 0d7393e497
The connector on my mainboard controller module does not have the same connector (4pin) as the original Xioami and the cable you linked to above - the connector on mine is a 6 pin 2 row connector...all of the other connections inside the stem are the wrong type of connector (again not JST).
This is what mine looks like:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-XIAOMI-m36 ... SwBaxdTh2U
I don't think it is worth upgrading at this point - until something fails or breaks. Then it might be something to look at.

I really want to build a lighter scooter with a lower stand-over height and about 1/3 the range.
By Sleepycat3
Robert Brown wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:23 am

Shame that the Pro does not come with LG cells. It has some China-branded cells according to M365 dashboard.
By hjst45
Hi there,

I have the purple XBOT controller setup which has the same pins as the original controller. So according to the comments here, simply getting a power cable and the pro dashboard should be sufficient?

The Chinese battery pack has been used interchangeably with the original scooters, so I don't see why it shouldn't work although you might not be able to flash firmware from what I understand. Worst case scenario, I will replace the BMS board, no big deal.

Anyone have any other information, please let me know. I will follow through with converting this Fakemi setup to a seemingly legit one...

The original scooter isn't available for purchase in many countries so some of us are left with no choice but to do a conversion.

Thanks!

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]