An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By wbm509
Hi all,

Is it possible to wire up a Ninebot Max battery to a M365 Pro to get extra run time? My main concern is data, if the M365 Pro ESC needs to have some sort of data connection to the battery. I know this is the case for the Ninebot ESx series--as the stock firmware wants to talk to the BMS. If not, is there a way the firmware can be modified for the battery to work? Thanks!
By 365GUY
It might be possible but it’s not a plug and play swap. The Max has 4 data wires on the battery and the 365 has 3. So you will get error 21 when there is nothing connected to the 3 port plug on the controller.
By wbm509
I’m assuming I can’t just arbitrarily connect anything to these 3 wires either. Are they used to exchange data with the BMS? I’m afraid it’s looking for a specific payload, thus requiring me to spoof the communication or installing custom firmware that ignores the BMS check on the ESC
By Zalcry
if i recall correctly only two is for rx/tx, and one is for the signal needed. the other one goes to the internal checker

So rx/tx/S1/S2

Or you could just buy a bms for 20 bucks, and put a firmware hack that ignores the battery warning
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]