An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Mr.GooGoo
Couple observations:

1. Looks like the gps box has it's own battery attached to keep it trackable even after the main battery gets drained? No wonder there were strange vehicles outside my place after I rescued what I thought was a dead, discarded scoot.

2. This Razor Share scoot isn't very durable, it's 99% a consumer grade scoot, even the box under the deck is plastic while Lime/Bird are pro-sumer grade built to withstand abuse and the rigors of the outdoors. The steel tubing already has rust spots at the screw holes.
By Ogdirtysouth
My friend has one of these at his house an he gave up on it so I been going to his house trying to teach him how everything works so I only get to mess with it on the weekends when I go over to his house .I'm trying to get it working with a different controller .at the moment it uses a sinusoidal brushless DC motor vector control (FOC) 36v 16a.here is a pic of the inside of the controller.im going to try an get as much of it working as I can with the controller I bought .I might try an bypass the original also just to see if I can get it working with the original but I wanted to to get everything I can on the controller I bought working first I'm using the original as reference..anyone else know anything they want to add.also the main power once disconnected from the transmitter GPS still needs to be disconnected from the backup battery that's inside glued to the back of the plastic case the GPS units in .the Sim card is also in there .
By Ben J
Sgvchud wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:12 pm
Anyone seen a scooter like this ? Know if it's convertible?
Razors are on the low end of design and materials. About the easiest 'hacked scooter there is.
If defeating its rental company firmware proves too tough or not worth the effort. Simply changing its guts with a 15$ off the shelf motor controller will get Razors operational.
Bonus is their steel construction, frames easily modified by any Wank with a garage welder.
By proplane64
Sounds like a fun project - thank you for the info so far. Making any headway?

Has anyone used an off-the-shelf generic BLDC motor controller to convert rentable Razor scooters to personal scooters?
Ogdirtysouth wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:28 pm
My friend has one of these at his house an he gave up on it so I been going to his house trying to teach him how everything works so I only get to mess with it on the weekends when I go over to his house .I'm trying to get it working with a different controller .at the moment it uses a sinusoidal brushless DC motor vector control (FOC) 36v 16a.here is a pic of the inside of the controller.im going to try an get as much of it working as I can with the controller I bought .I might try an bypass the original also just to see if I can get it working with the original but I wanted to to get everything I can on the controller I bought working first I'm using the original as reference..anyone else know anything they want to add.also the main power once disconnected from the transmitter GPS still needs to be disconnected from the backup battery that's inside glued to the back of the plastic case the GPS units in .the Sim card is also in there .
By Ogdirtysouth
Ok so I've made a little bit of headway now an got another issue That I have to figure out .so I got a throttle with digital readout an on off switch and bldc controller off Ali Express an everything's in Chinese I'm trying to figure it all out right now ..so what happens when I turn on the power switch is it automatically goes in reverse without pushing the throttle, so when you push the throttle it actually takes off going forward I need to figure out how to make it stop going in reverse when the powers turned on cuz it works going forward when u press the throttle .it can't be the hall wires because I took the controllers apart the razor one an the new one an followed each wire to where it was soldiered on the board an matched what it was connected to so if the razor red hall wire went to 4.3 v on its board I did the same an connected the new one to the 4.3 v there all marked on the board next to we're each wire is soldiered on the board.... Now there is lots of other wires here that I'm not sure of .I'll post a pic ...anyone have any suggestions I'd really appreciate it I don't get to work on it unless I'm at my friends house on the weekend so I don't have unlimited time working on it.i might ask him if I can take it home so I can work on it at night when I'm off work an try to figure out the wires ,but anyone familiar with this I'd really appreciate your input on what they think may be causing this ...thanks a bunch and I I'll keep ya posted

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]