An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By jaysinism
I'm also interested in this.
I might just try to see if I can figure it out on my own but if I venture I will post here and share my experience.
I know that there is two models of Razor's though the scooter and the scooter with a seat. I'm sure they are both the same configuration though.
By jaysinism
So I decided to venture into the Razor scooter today...
What an interesting experience. I can say one thing though, I don't see how anyone could obtain one of these legally as even if they were impounded. I'm sure if there were any of these scooters impounded they would probably be recovered the same day if not the next day. Razor asset recovery team is VERY aggressive! :-/ It seems that Razor plays by the rules.
I did take it apart and took a lot of photos but I am actually kind of scared to share the photos now.
The Razor share scooter is based on their E300 scooter and the GPS/SIM board module is exactly the same as Bird/Lime same manufacturer even. It's in a little box just under the deck it says PWS on it.
There is 8 screws on the top of the deck you have to unscrew the smaller ones use a T25 Torx Security bit and the two bigger ones use a T30 Torx security bit. I did try to bypass the power connections going from the GPS/SIM board but the back wheel remained locked and the throttle wouldn't work.
If you take out the GPS/SIM it disappears off the Razor map. Maybe after a few days when I'm not on the radar I'll sare the photos that I took.
I did return the scooter back to service the same day and I only had it for about 6 hours total.
By jaysinism
Ben J wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:11 am
Whats your inpression quality wise compared to Xiaomi or Segways ?
Quality wise I think the build is pretty solid. Also they seem faster and accelerate quicker than the Xiaomi & Segways.
It's got a lot of nice features the big air tires, disc brakes, a 36V battery and the deck is wider too.
By guisar
Nice job @jaysinism!

We don’t have Razor scooters here. I’d love to see some photos to check out what they’re working with.
By proplane64
Does the Razor scooter work with the GPS/SIM removed?

jaysinism wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:06 am
What an interesting experience. I can say one thing though, I don't see how anyone could obtain one of these legally as even if they were impounded. I'm sure if there were any of these scooters impounded they would probably be recovered the same day if not the next day. Razor asset recovery team is VERY aggressive! :-/ It seems that Razor plays by the rules.
I did take it apart and took a lot of photos but I am actually kind of scared to share the photos now.
The Razor share scooter is based on their E300 scooter and the GPS/SIM board module is exactly the same as Bird/Lime same manufacturer even. It's in a little box just under the deck it says PWS on it.
There is 8 screws on the top of the deck you have to unscrew the smaller ones use a T25 Torx Security bit and the two bigger ones use a T30 Torx security bit. I did try to bypass the power connections going from the GPS/SIM board but the back wheel remained locked and the throttle wouldn't work.
If you take out the GPS/SIM it disappears off the Razor map. Maybe after a few days when I'm not on the radar I'll sare the photos that I took.
I did return the scooter back to service the same day and I only had it for about 6 hours total.
By jaysinism
I could not get it to work with the GPS/SIM Removed and bypassed, I tried to bypass the wiring harness that goes to power the GPS/SIM module and The back wheel remained locked and I couldn't get the throttle to work.
proplane64 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 pm
Does the Razor scooter work with the GPS/SIM removed?

jaysinism wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:06 am
By jaysinism
So it's been about a week now and I haven't had any more issues since I returned the Razor back to service so I think it should be safe to post the photos that I did get.
So here are some of the photos of under the deck of the Razor that I did take. If you have any questions or want to see closer photos let me know I have about 20 photos of under the deck that I did take.
Picture #1

Photo #2
The GPS/SIM box is circled

Photo #3

Photo #4

Photo #5

Photo #6
Control module

Photo #7
GPS/SIM Board

Photo #8
GPS/SIM board
By Ben J
Thanks for the 'pics.
Interesting design. Appears to be welded tubing steel construction. Its electrics enclosed inside a big central plastic tub. Fat tyres too, must ride nice...
Even if its GPS to motor controller proves tough to hack, This one would be easy to convert to 'freedom' using any number of generic BLDC motor controllers.

Btw, One potential detriment...
Dunno if this Razor has re-gen braking, But seems re-gen is not a common feature of generic BLDC controllers...
Last edited by Ben J on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jaysinism
Yes and in the center of the plastic tub, I didn't unscrew it but I already know for sure there is 3 12V batteries in there.
I did ride the scooter and it is a nice ride. It seems to accelerate faster than the Segway and the M365 but I think the M35 is more comfortable to me.
Ben J wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:22 pm
Thanks for the 'pics.
Interesting design. Appears to be welded tubing steel construction. Its electrics enclosed inside a big central plastic tub. Fat tyres too, must ride nice...
Even if its GPS to motor controller proves tough to hack, That one would be easy to convert to 'freedom' using any number of generic BLDC motor controllers.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]